Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heath Ledger is dead

Options
  • 22-01-2008 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Heath Ledger was found dead a couple of hours ago. Not much info but looks like a drug overdose. Jaysus.

Story from TMZ and Perez.

Um this may be a tad soon but had he finished shooting The Dark Knight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Dark Knight promo...?

EDIT: Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Stargal wrote: »

Ye that's what I want to know? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

IMDB says it's in post-production. Means that it's mostly done but can't really be overly revised now.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Dear god. Provided this is true, this is awful, awful news.

Rest in peace, a talented man truly just coming into his prime

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

His poor family, his child was only very young. Even if it was drug related as is already being speculated it's such a waste.

Was wondering about the Dark Knight myself, according to Sky News it was in Post Production.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

well considering what happened to brandon lee in the crow i reckon the dark knight is ok. as menitoned its practically finished. heres hoping they dedicate it to him. what ive seen of him so far as the joker is amazing.

i was shocked at this. fine fine actor who promised so much to come. a great loss for his family and the industry both.

i personally dont think its drugs, i reckon its probably S.A.D. they guys not exactly pete doherty is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Perez Hilton seems to be suffering the "slashdot effect" at the moment. The news still hasn't sunk in for me. Felt for sure it would be someone posting a windup when I saw the thread title.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

'tis on RTE too

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0122/ledgerh.html

Sad, although it'll probably make his performance in the Dark Night more poignant and creepy

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Its getting blanket coverage on Sky News at the moment. Poor guy's family and his daughter :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

yeah, bearly 3. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

It's terribly sad,especially as he has a baby daughter left behind.

It appears to have been a drugs overdose,sleeping pills are being bandied around as the culprit.

So sad, will always remember him as Patrick Verona in 10 things i hate about you:(

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

Its so sad :( He's one of those actors who you couldnt really say anything bad about.

I hear that it was mary kate olsens apartment he died in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

he put the pills in his own ned kelly. no sympathy for overdosers or suicide victims with his lifestyle

Jonesy3110 wrote: »
    I hear that it was mary kate olsens apartment he died in?

Seems that was an error on the part of the police commissioner.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/22/actor-heath-ledger-is-found-dead/index.html?hp

he put the pills in his own ned kelly. no sympathy for overdosers or suicide victims with his lifestyle

Like the ned kelly reference!

It may have been a total accident-after all it appears it was sleeping pills found with him and not heroin/cocaine.

no sympathy for overdosers or suicide victims with his lifestyle

Cos im sure you are living the same lifestyle as him and know for a fact that its all roses.
    Famous people probably have it a lot harder than you think, why else would there be so many cases like this? His marriage ended recently too, thats gotta be hard on anyone.

Suicide/overdose whatever.. this is still really sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭jane86

I saw a clip of him in The Dark Knight only a few days ago and it looked really good...it's so sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭jane86

Stargal wrote: »

It was in post-production so it is being edited and the soundtrack is being added...

Although on imdb it says he was filming The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 peggysue

am so sorry to hear of heath ledgers death, only 28 years old, feel sorry for his daughter and family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Arctic_Monkeh

Gobsmacked, did not expect this at all

Gobsmacked, did not expect this at all

I know,somehow if it had been someone like Amy Winehouse or poor Britney it would have been much less of a shock. He never came across as having a drug problem in any interviews i ever saw, just as a quiet kinda shy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 peggysue

I know,somehow if it had been someone like Amy Winehouse or poor Britney it would have been much less of a shock. He never came across as having a drug problem in any interviews i ever saw, just as a quiet kinda shy man.
    they are saying on the news he didn't like the publicity that fame brought with it and that he liked privacy. he always appeared shy to me when he was being interviewed I just think it is tragic and i hope the press respects his family at this sad time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

he said himself that he used sleeping pills to get to sleep after hard days acting, sounds like he might had developed a habit and used them today...

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

im really sad about this! have really liked him since i was younger..he was so young.

sleeping pills are hard to OD on..from what ive read, seems like he was affected by his role as 'the joker' and was having trouble sleeping in general. he had been taking the pills then still not sleeping or waking up not long after taking them.he may have taken a dose, then not been able to sleep so taken more and more..
    whatever happened, its still sad for his family, friends, and those he worked with. i really think he was only just coming into his own as an actor and had a lot more to give.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

RIP

Why couldn't it have been Britney instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

togster wrote: »
    Why couldn't it have been Britney instead.

Give it up clown boy:rolleyes:

A great actor coming into his time in the spotlight with The Dark Knight, RIP was shocked to hear this news when i drove in. Sleeping pills and accidental overdose on the news at the mo.

Still I would not give up my life and exchange it for celebrity even for the millions they earn.
    The bloke was not even cold and its splashed all over the news for all friends and family to see before they were told officialy. Thats no way to find out this type of news!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Sad news to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Very sad and shocking to hear of the death of Heath Ledger, such a talented actor. RIP.

Word is he had pneumonia and was struggling to sleep while filming the Batman movie as he was so affected by his role as the Joker. Hopefully all the conspiracy theorys and wild reports on the gossip sites will end after the autopsy later today.

Tragic way for the family to find out the news and as far as they are concerned his death was an accident.

My heart goes out to his young daughter, family and friends.

Advertisement