Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aphex Twin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Amazing release ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Not too late for this year's Limerick City of culture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Good stuff have always been a fan since early 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Looking forward to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Griever931 wrote: »
    Looking forward to that.

Its here!

Announcing 'Syro' - a new album from Aphex Twin out 22/23rd September.
    Pre-order from Bleep.com at http://smarturl.it/syro
    Details at http://warp.net/records/aphex-twin/syro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Really don't get it. I've tried and tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

D.Q wrote: »
    Really don't get it. I've tried and tried.

Likewise. Some really great tracks (windowlicker, on, analogue bubblebath, rhubarb, polynomial c) but I find a lot of the other fast stuff with the popping sounds pants. Maybe we're missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I love all of his stuff but if you find the faster more frenetic stuff not so accessible then try his Caustic Window (Joyrex Compilation) and Polygon Window (Surfing on Sine Waves) albums. They're good solid techno/electronic albums and probably my favourite releases of his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Harold Weiss

a148pro wrote: »
    Likewise. Some really great tracks (windowlicker, on, analogue bubblebath, rhubarb, polynomial c) but I find a lot of the other fast stuff with the popping sounds pants. Maybe we're missing something?

Was never a fan until I heard Drukqs -- his best stuff to date IMHO.

Before this, thought he was overrated and could never understand all the attention, much like Prodigy

Appreciate some of his earlier music more now and think the new album will be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I'd heard good things, went to see him at oxegen 08, and left half way through. But people with similar tastes to me rave about him. I'll check out the recommended tracks above though, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

For me much his best stuff is on Selected Ambient 1 & 2. Loses the spirit a fair bit after that imo.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Can't wait for this, I read in his recent interview with Pitchfork that of his recent albums he's been working on, this one is his most accessible - not that that tells us much as he could have been working on all sorts of crazy sht and SYRO was the least crazy. Personally I'd like to see something mature that reflects his earlier SAW work but for 2014, however one might achieve that...

I'm a big fan anyway, I'd say Polygon Window though has had the most plays over the years, closely followed by SAW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

I'm really hoping it's a Richard D James take on EDM / Skrillex type stuff with massive wobbles and with really over the top resampled squelches and a full on AFX take on Dubstep rhythms.

The internet will probably implode on itself with rage, but he kind of owes us a surprise at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When does the actual physical release become available, when can I buy the actual CD, is that on the 22nd September or is it an online thing?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

When does the actual physical release become available, when can I buy the actual CD, is that on the 22nd September or is it an online thing?

I'd assume it will be available in Ireland on Friday the 19th. I got stung before with Exai by Autechre - I preordered from Bleep and on the Friday before the UK Monday release, it was available in Tower yet mine only arrived sometime the following week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

I'd assume it will be available in Ireland on Friday the 19th. I got stung before with Exai by Autechre - I preordered from Bleep and on the Friday before the UK Monday release, it was available in Tower yet mine only arrived sometime the following week!
    yeah say so! bleeps shipping charges are farcical too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

it's leaked yesterday, i presume you all know by now.

i think it's great. definitely nothing different but very good. XMAS_EVE and 180db my highlights so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Ordered from Bleep
    Won't let me download the MP3 though
    Anyone similar problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Got the download....lots of bleeps, some melodies somewhere....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Yup, very happy with this album. Almost worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,112 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it's good, but none of the individual tracks really jump out at me.

If anyone hasn't heard it, his "Chosen Lords" album from 2006 (as AFX) is excellent - it's on YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Got it Friday and have been listening to it on and off (I got the new FSOL album as well so interchanging with that). I like it, so far. The first three are pretty good, with the "Xmas_blah di blah" being a favourite.

The file names song titles are nuts though.

Its quite a warm sounding album, quite funky in places, bit samey though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

JNWNZgH.jpg

Advertisement