Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banksy & Simpsons

Options
  • 11-10-2010 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Street artist Banksy storyboards Simpsons titles that show workers churning out merchandise – and takes swipe at Fox TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Hmm. And Bansky, like the Simpsons, was once relevant and original. Alas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Relevant to what?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Banksey has never been relevant.

"Let's make political statements whilst never actually revealing who i am".

He's either a celeb wannabe, a coward, an annoying teenager who has now become an annoying 30 something or all of the above!

Isn't actually doing the intro for The Simpsons and believing what he believes kinda perverse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

its gone :( whatever it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Its not really that big a deal since the simpsons have already made similar jokes themselves before (although they were funnier and not so long winded).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

MrStuffins wrote: »

Isn't actually doing the intro for The Simpsons and believing what he believes kinda perverse?

so what is it that he believes then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Banksey has never been relevant.

He's either a celeb wannabe, a coward, an annoying teenager who has now become an annoying 30 something or all of the above!

If he was a celeb wannabe, wouldn't he reveal himself?

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    If he was a celeb wannabe, wouldn't he reveal himself?

No, since the fact he doesn't reveal himself is a large part of his fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

No, since the fact he doesn't reveal himself is a large part of his fame.

If i was a celeb wannabe i'm sure I wouldn't hide my name.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    If i was a celeb wannabe i'm sure I wouldn't hide my name.

Ah, but do you not think that this is part of his plan?

HAven't you ever heard of The Stig? of course you have! Because everyone wanted to know who he was! Even though the chances of ever having been aware of the person in the Stig suit beforehand anyway were very small.

Still didn't stop people from wanting to know.

Ben Collins, who the f*ck is he? He wa smuch more interesting as "The Stig"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Is that not the point? I actually think it is one of the most ironic statements made. But I think he knows the irony is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

HAven't you ever heard of The Stig? of course you have! Because everyone wanted to know who he was! Even though the chances of ever having been aware of the person in the Stig suit beforehand anyway were very small.
    The Stig is completely different, that was a person hired to do a job under contract, part of the contract was not revealing his identity the the stig character was never associated with anyone other than top gear and the BBC.

Why should he reveal his identity and become someone who is selling their own celebrity rather than making artistic pieces. I'd much more respect for someone who wants to be judged solely on what he has made rather than using his talent to become some one who milks their celebrity to make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh, because his name wasnt revelaed last year when he was caught...

this is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo 2008

Advertisement