Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life (Blu-ray - 4 Disc Set) - €28 delivered [BangCD]

Options
  • 14-12-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭

The perfect thing to compliment your Planet Earth boxset... delivery from BangCD is slow but it's a damn good price if you're in no rush!

Best price besides this is £35!

354522_a.jpg
    Buy it @ BangCD
    Description:

Four years in the making, Life will set a new benchmark in family entertainment and natural history epics.

Life is the latest wildlife epic from the BBC's award-winning Natural History Unit. It has the revelation, cinematic style, sense of place and emotionally involving individual sequences that that were the hallmark of The Blue Planet and Planet Earth, with all the scope, detail and content of an Attenborough epic, and the addition of close-up, intensely dramatic new behaviour - all captured by the world's top wildlife photographers with the aid of the most cutting-edge and sophisticated filming techniques.

This ten-part natural history blockbuster, shot in HD, is the definitive exploration of the diversity of life on Earth, revealing the most spectacular and fascinating behaviour driven by the endless struggle to survive. Life stars a cast of 'box-office' wildlife characters, filmed on every continent and in every habitat across the world, with each drama-filled episode entirely dedicated to one of the planet's ten most important wildlife groups. The series has the revelation, sense of place, cinematic style and emotionally involving individual sequences perfected in programmes such as The Blue Planet and Planet Earth, but with the addition of close-up, intensely dramatic new behaviour - where the animals are the stars.

Special Features:

* 10 Making Of Diaries For Each Episode

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Great series, the last episode is on tonight on BBC1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Ah for flip sake!

Really don't want to be buying this, but for the money, I bloody have to!:rolleyes:

Was watching a bit of it the other week on BBCHD, and the colours/realism were so vivid/bright, the thing looked artificial! Absolutely incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

balls...herself bought this on amazon for about 34 pounds 2 nights ago.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah my mrs bought it for me instore today as part of Xmas pressie for €45 so that's a great price.

There is a double blu-ray set knocking aroung the usual English online stores with Life and Planet Earth for around €55.

Just watching it on BBCHD now, and it's unbelieveable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

goddamit its so tempting but my credit card is hurting! i have planet earth on hddvd which is incredible. is this as good as planet earth and is it worth getting? if so, i mite just have to splash out

There was a lot of confusion about Planet Earth when it was released, as some of it was shot in 1080i (as far as I can remember).

Life has been completely shot in 1080p, so is reference quality through and through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

yoink! thanks op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Epic series. No BD player though :(
    Those chimps in last nights ep were brilliant. The time lapse of the forest the week before too, it was stunning to see the work put in for 30 seconds of footage.

Advertisement