Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

looks like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

@ neuromancer for some reason I want one of the A4 Advants as my next car. What are they like?

They are very nice car to drive, but a little bit light though. I previously drove an E39 5 series which is a heavy car anyway.

The Avant was always my dream car, clearly one if the best looking estates around IMO. It's a diesel of course, but the 130bhp 6 speed version with cruise control. My god it just wafts along the motorway at 60mpg too.

My is an '04 with 165000 miles on the clock, it honestly feels like it right out of the showroom too. The only things I wish it had are an armrest centre console and controls for the radio on the steering wheel, other than that, I would buy another as my next car with the missing extras :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I know the estate isn't yours lightning but it has to be one of the best looking estate cars at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Savage Volvo Westwing. I cannot believe Volvoman didnt thank your post..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Defo, one of the very few cars that looks better in estate form.

I saw a 156 gta estate in Manchester last month. Looked amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Savage Volvo Westwing. I cannot believe Volvoman didnt thank your post..:)
    Thats because its not a 1978 volvo 240 :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

shblob wrote: »
    Thats because its not a 1978 volvo 240 :eek: :D

No, I just didn't see it until now. Believe it or not, a 1978 240 would be bottom on my list of favourite Volvo's.;)

The car looks lovely, WestWing. That colour really suits them and goes well with the sports body cladding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Is that the one that the huge job was done on????

The very one.

Not quite as sharp now but I plan on honing my skills on it before I get serious with the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

DSCN1914.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Here is my Bangernomics car parked beside its estate dopplerganger. Everything still work on her,decent on juice,fun to drive, has all the kit I need. Plus it only has one or two classic 156 features (noisy variator, squeky supspension) :)

Nicely kept! Is 9 year old a classic now though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

WestWing wrote: »
    My latest addition makes me happy. :D

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.
    2.0 Diesel (163)

Did someone tell you it was a D3, or did you order a D3, because there are porkies being told somewhere I think.

D3 has twin tail pipes on the R-Design (MY11 & MY12).

no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300

I'm guessing she's a de-badged D2 - still a lovely looking motor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WestWing

It's definitely a D3, that's what I ordered and Volvo put the engine\spec\colour inside the drivers door sill for confirmation. (and you can't get the S60 with a D2 engine)

The R-Design has twin exhausts and is essentially the D3 with 18'' alloys and a rear styling plate.

Mine is the D3 SE Lux with an optional body kit, just like this one:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201130406033134/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-from/20000/model/s60/make/volvo/keywords/lux/radius/1501/postcode/bt161uu/page/4?logcode=p

media?id=1741864260

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

It's definitely a D3, that's what I ordered and Volvo put the engine\spec\colour inside the drivers door sill for confirmation.

The R-Design has twin exhausts and is essentially the D3 with 18'' alloys and a rear styling plate.

Mine is the D3 SE Lux with an optional body kit, just like this one:

:o

Sorry for casting aspersions on your good self - the only S60 with a styling kit I've supplied went straight out from the garage so I didn't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

R.O.R wrote: »
    D3 has twin tail pipes on the R-Design (MY11 & MY12).

That is the only trim that the D3 has them with.

I'm guessing at least one of those tail pipes on the R-Design is fake and just for show - 'felt spec style.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

My 96 Hilux Surf & 96 320ic

P6110295a2.jpg

P7131041a2.jpg

IMG_0138a2.jpg

After a wash only

bora2.jpg

pic not modified/enhanced.

mpg20110830.jpg

Pretty impressed so far.

(and before you comment - I wasn't cruising at 40 km/h to achieve that :p despite the cc light and indicated speed)

It will give between 55 and 60 on open roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

E39MSport wrote: »
    http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac237/k1elliott/Bora/mpg20110830.jpg

Pretty impressed so far.

(and before you comment - I wasn't cruising at 40 km/h to achieve that :p despite the cc light and indicated speed)

It will give between 55 and 60 on open roads.

How far had you driven to achieve that? What car/engine do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

How far had you driven to achieve that? What car/engine do you have?

I'm guessing Bora 1.9tdi?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

He drove behind a truck downhill and snapped the pic :pac:

• Advertisement

haha

Half a tank so far for that average. In fairness, I was very gentle on the accelerator. Wanted to see it go over 60.

Said same to guy I bought it from today and he confessed to doing the same until he realised that it will give 55 with normal driving.

It's a Bora 1.9tdi PD engine 110HP

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

While we're posting our average MPG I may as well throw up my latest achievement.
    Taken from my ~25 minute commute along the N3, up the M50, and down the N1 to drumcondra. I only noticed I was doing 78Mpg when I got off the M50, before then I wasnt trying to save fuel, but I think traffic was keeping me at about 50mph for the last few exits on the M50 so that helped. The MPG shown is when I parked the car, not mid journey.

IMAG0014.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Jesus thats quite good Black night. The little motorbike in Dumb and Dumber could only do 70mpg:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 aldy05

IMG_5298.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

aldy05 wrote: »

Damn I should have gotten mine in three door (so hard to find though) - good choice on the wheels though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Mc Love wrote: »
    Damn I should have gotten mine in three door .....

The wife wishes she did too, but got a five door as was at such a good price. The look so much better in three door....it suits the shape perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The wife wishes she did too, but got a five door as was at such a good price. The look so much better in three door....it suits the shape perfectly.

Same here - got mine at a good price too! Was looking out for a 3 door for ages too. It doesnt bother me too much though, could be useful in the future ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 aldy05

Thanks guys, only got it there last week. The wheels really add to it I think, so hard to find one (1.8 Diesel Zetec 3dr) like it so I jumped at the chance, was at a dealer up north and saved thousands compared to prices down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

In response to all you oil burners posting your mpg's:
    jjqph.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice car.

Re pics. Get yourself an account on photobucket.com or similar and upload your pics to there. You'll then have a url for each of your pics on your chosen site. Use that url like this (edit snippet is taken literally)
    There are instructions on this site somewhere
    edit: - It's even easier
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056232089

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement