Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I get for free

Options
  • 05-02-2005 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have in work a dish and a sky digibox. They are no longer being used and I can bring them home and set them up there. I've no cards for the box and want to use them to get some free to air stations.
    So two questions
    1. What stations am I able to receive and what extra do I need to get them?
    & 2. Any idea of the cost of getting the dish taken off the roof in work and then installed at home?

Thanks in adv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

Of the useful stuff..
    BBC1,2, ITV3, Sky News

You can add BBC3,4, News24, Childrens BBC & C-Beebies through the add channels section.

There's lot of cack stations.. shopping this & that, some music stations, horror channel etc.. and also a lot of good UK radio stations incl RTE radio.

See..
    http://www.wickonline.com/fta.htm for a fairly full list of FTA stations on Sky..
    also..
    http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html for a full list of 28.2E stations The light yellow entries are the FTA stations that should eiither appear on the EPG or be tunable through the add channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

cormacl wrote:
    You can add BBC3,4, News24, Childrens BBC & C-Beebies through the add channels section.

no need if you have the UK EPG

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

IIRC you can switch off the box (at the wall) put in any card in the slot - eg: an irish one upside down or a dunes stores loyalty card and when it powers on it should default to the london EPG. - for norn iron BBC1 941 & 2 is 962

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Thanks for that :)

Advertisement