Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Buying in Ennis - any estates/areas to avoid

Options
  • 30-05-2015 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    As the subject of the thread indicates - I am looking to buy a house in Ennis, but as I am not from the town - I am not really sure what are good estates, or any that I should avoid? 😵😵.

Any insights/inputs/comments etc. very gratefully received!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭ISOP

Clancy Park, anywhere in Cloughleigh really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Kkkkpt wrote: »
    Hi
    As the subject of the thread indicates - I am looking to buy a house in Ennis, but as I am not from the town - I am not really sure what are good estates, or any that I should avoid? 😵😵.

Any insights/inputs/comments etc. very gratefully received!

Thanks!

Rather than going down the route of risking badmouthing areas where law abiding good people find themselves in bad-name areas because of the actions of a few bad eggs, there is an easy route to identifying where you might want to avoid.
    As with any town or city if you do a bit of research on the properties for sale and find that properties in one estate/area are significantly cheaper than similiar properties in the same town, that is your tip-off to check out on the level of anti-social behaviour around the cheaper properties. It will also help you identify other problems such as risk of flooding etc. Doing that and looking around prospective areas during days/nights/weekends is advisable. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kkkkpt

Thank you both for your responses 😃😃

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

Or alternatively, post the names of areas you are looking at and we can comment on the pros and cons ;)

Advertisement