Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airbag light vw polo

• 12-05-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

hi all,

was on my way to college one morning when i got a flat on the bypass, stuck on the hazard lights, the dad came out to change it and did, but my hazard lights drained my battery flat so he had to push start my car by pushing mine with his. He only very gently nudged my car with his but the airbag warning light has been on since. Brought it to my mechanic the other day, he did a diagnostic and said the ecu was defective or something along those lines...

anyone on here might have another reason as to why this light is on and anyway of knocking it off before the nct? sensor in the back bumper or something?

Thanks in advance
    p.s. car is a 2002 polo 1.2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

hi all,

was on my way to college one morning when i got a flat on the bypass, stuck on the hazard lights, the dad came out to change it and did, but my hazard lights drained my battery flat so he had to push start my car by pushing mine with his. He only very gently nudged my car with his but the airbag warning light has been on since. Brought it to my mechanic the other day, he did a diagnostic and said the ecu was defective or something along those lines...

anyone on here might have another reason as to why this light is on and anyway of knocking it off before the nct? sensor in the back bumper or something?

Thanks in advance
    p.s. car is a 2002 polo 1.2

I had one of those polos, the airbag light comes on when you disconnect the battery so I'm assuming it would if you drain it too. Most decent obd scan tools can turn it off. My own garage did it for free for me and one other time I paid a chap a fiver to do it

How long were you waiting on your dad for? Hazards alone shouldn't drain the battery unless it was a long time. Did you sit it the car listening to the radio with the lights on by any chance? If not your battery may be on the way out

Finally, I'd really advise making sure you have a good jack and tyre iron and know how to use them

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Half Rhodesian

hi jumbone,

my mechanic was trying to turn it off alright but it kept coming back on. I just had the hazards on, probably for about 50 mins. i can change a tyre alright but the bloody thing had become almost fused to the car even when i got the wheel nuts off, i just didnt have anything handy to beat the wheel off with, so had to call out the dad at 7am.. he used a sledge hammer to loosen it up. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check with another mechanic if they can turn it off. Maybe the first one didn't do it right.

Advertisement