Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkee for a hen weekend?

Options
  • 13-04-2015 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm wondering if anyone has been to Kilkee, Co. Clare for a hen or stag weekend before? We have it booked now but we didn't realise there is no night club down there anymore. Are there any late bars that we can go to instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

nope- once you have willy straws and a blow up man you'll have great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

You booked without doing the simplest of research?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

My hens hated the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Tara23 wrote: »
    We have it booked now but we didn't realise there is no night club down there anymore.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

make your own nightclub

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Ennis or Lahinch would probably be a better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

The evening mass there is great. Then it's back to the b&b for winning streak. Wild weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Doesn't even appear to be another town or even a village anywhere near it.
    Scenery looks great though.

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What made you book somewhere like that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

There was nightclub there last weekend (the Abyss). Mind you, my son and his two cousins looked in the door and decided to come home to bed instead. My sister (regular Kilkee visitor) refers to it as the Abyss-mal ... but you probably don't want to hear that.

Still, there's always the beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: I've moved this over to the Clare forum. Please note the change in forum charters.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

O'Curry street seems to be where the "action" is.

Some info for you OP http://www.kilkee.ie/food-and-drink/pubs/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'd go for Ennis OP, lots of hotels, pubs, restaurants and shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 joss201

avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Rent minibus and go out in Lahinch/Ennis?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

Rent minibus and go out in Lahinch/Ennis?

There is no more action in Lahinch than Kilkee.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I organised a stag for Kilkee years ago and I have to say it was a great stag, people are still talking about it :) It's a big enough town that you don't have to go to the same place every night and it's small enough that you won't be losing people. I organised a game of golf for the Saturday but there's loads of other options available around the location, loads of nice walks and stuff. I wouldn't worry about the lack of night clubs, once you aren't creating hassle you'll have no problem getting served ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

kilkee on day like today beats everything though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Palmach wrote: »
    There is no more action in Lahinch than Kilkee.

A lad I know from Dublin went to Lahinch for a stag last summer. He was live tweeting the whole thing.

Some huge guy comes into the nightclub, climbs onto the bar, then pees on it.

Barman pretends nothing has happened.

Turns out they're a family from Kilrush that the staff want nothing to do with.

The guy who peed on the bar then goes to the dancefloor, stars chewing the face off a girl until she gets annoyed and walks off, then he pulls his t-shirt over his head and starts shifting some lad through it.

So never led it be said a stag/hen in Lahinch is dull!

This might go some way towards explaining why nightclubs in Kilkee have never been very successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

A lad I know from Dublin went to Lahinch for a stag last summer. He was live tweeting the whole thing.

Some huge guy comes into the nightclub, climbs onto the bar, then pees on it.

Barman pretends nothing has happened.

Turns out they're a family from Kilrush that the staff want nothing to do with.

The guy who peed on the bar then goes to the dancefloor, stars chewing the face off a girl until she gets annoyed and walks off, then he pulls his t-shirt over his head and starts shifting some lad through it.

So never led it be said a stag/hen in Lahinch is dull!

This might go some way towards explaining why nightclubs in Kilkee have never been very successful.

Nightclubs haven't been successful because proprietors would rather grab all the money they can, while they can, as opposed to being discerning and building up a client base.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Was going to say go to Delphi instead as I had a hens over there last year and it was brilliant

But

You have already booked, bummer

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Red Clover

Palmach wrote: »
    Nightclubs haven't been successful because proprietors would rather grab all the money they can, while they can, as opposed to being discerning and building up a client base.

Your dead right. There is huge potential as there is no nightclub between Loophead and Ennis.

Advertisement