Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CHANNEL 4 & 5 missing from UK card in Ireland

• 01-02-2005 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi new to the forum.

I purchased a yellow house viewing card on Ebay about 6 months ago so that I could view ITV1/2, channel 4 and 5, etc. in Ireland.

The other day I swapped the cards to view channel 4 and the calll sky to subscribe message appeared :( . I noticed it on channel 5 also. I bought my dad and my sister a card on ebay also and they do not have this problem.

Does anyone know what the story is? Is it possible that these channels are no longer available in the region I bought the card from (East Midlands)? :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

You've probably just missed an update - leave the card in the box for a while. If it was a problem with the card, you wouldn't be getting ITV1&2 as they're encrypted too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Homewrclesse

I did do I box reset however (switching off box at wall socket and holding in backup button on box). Does this not foce all updates to the box?

I will leave it in for a few days next week and see what happens? Do I leave it on SKY news?
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭eigrod

Happened to me last week with C5 only. Left the card in overnight and was fine next morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Homewrclesse

Thank you both. I will try leaving it in overnight and see how I get on.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I did do I box reset however (switching off box at wall socket and holding in backup button on box). Does this not foce all updates to the box?
    It updates the software but doesn't update the decryption keys that are beamed out periodically. Leave it in for a few days, you'll probably get the lot back in 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭denis1501

It all depends on the message you're getting on the channel.
    An active card that's missed an update says 'call the broadcaster to update your package to view this channel'.
    A de-activated card (switched off by Sky!) says 'This card is not authorized' and then you're snookered.
    regards
    D.

Advertisement