Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No pressure in new tap

• 17-12-2014 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,

I am after installing a Tri flow tap (Filter water, hot, & cold in the one tap) in my kitchen.
    The pressure coming out of the filter and the cold line is fine but the pressure in the hot line is very poor. It is at least half the pressure before.

Is there any pump i could connect to the Hot pipe which would increase the pressure.
    I asked at a local hardware store if they had anything and the only solution they had was to swap out my hot water tank for a high pressure one.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Air lock - I had this in a mixer tap, had to open both taps a force pressurised cold water into under-pressure hot tap to force air out.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 technoboi

stoneill wrote: »
    Air lock - I had this in a mixer tap, had to open both taps a force pressurised cold water into under-pressure hot tap to force air out.

Thanks for that however, i don't think that is the issue as i have tried swapping the cold and hot lines.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

technoboi wrote: »
    Hi,

I am after installing a Tri flow tap (Filter water, hot, & cold in the one tap) in my kitchen.
    The pressure coming out of the filter and the cold line is fine but the pressure in the hot line is very poor. It is at least half the pressure before.

Is there any pump i could connect to the Hot pipe which would increase the pressure.
    I asked at a local hardware store if they had anything and the only solution they had was to swap out my hot water tank for a high pressure one.

Thanks

Whats the bar pressure rating for the tap you bought.
    Taps for Irish homes should be 0.1 bar.Taps bought from the UK,Ikea and the EU often will result in loss of pressure on the hot side as these taps are rated for a highter working bar and pressure.

Taps for Irish homes should be 0.1 bar.Taps bought from the UK,Ikea and the EU often will result in loss of pressure on the hot side as these taps are rated for a highter working bar and pressure.

I am not sure of the pressure in the tap but this is the one i bought.
    _ www (dot) aquasoft (dot) ie/?31,en+tri_flow_tap_tfw_03 _

I am not sure of the pressure in the tap but this is the one i bought.
    _ www (dot) aquasoft (dot) ie/?31,en+tri_flow_tap_tfw_03

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 danIrl

I have a similar tri flow tap from AquaSoft. Did you ever resolve the low pressure from the hot tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dede10

It is likely that the tap requires a greater pressure supply than that currently supplied by your hot water system.

If there is a little filter type fitting on the end of the tap then removing that might improve things.

Otherwise I'm sure a plumber will be able to advise you re getting a suitable pump.

Advertisement