Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Fees Question

Options
  • 02-12-2014 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I just have a question I hope someone on here can maybe answer for me about the free fees.

At the end of this academic year I will be graduating from a level 6 higher cert course, the fees on this course were paid by failte ireland, I want to apply for a level 7 course in september but unsure if I would be eligible for free fees as it's not my first time attending college even though the government didn't pay for my fees for the level 6 course.

Anyone with any information or experience like this can you please get back to me

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

kmrm wrote: »
    Hi,

I just have a question I hope someone on here can maybe answer for me about the free fees.

At the end of this academic year I will be graduating from a level 6 higher cert course, the fees on this course were paid by failte ireland, I want to apply for a level 7 course in september but unsure if I would be eligible for free fees as it's not my first time attending college even though the government didn't pay for my fees for the level 6 course.

Anyone with any information or experience like this can you please get back to me

Thanks

Please provide all your attendance and qualifications, for all your undergraduate education

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kmrm

Sup08 wrote: »
    Please provide all your attendance and qualifications, for all your undergraduate education

Higher certificate level 6 in culinary arts, attendance is 95% since I have started

Higher certificate level 6 in culinary arts, attendance is 95% since I have started

You want to apply for a level 7 and may not qualify? Do you have any other attendance on another course?

I done a level 5 cert in hotel and catering, I missed one maybe two days at most throughout the year?

I done a level 5 cert in hotel and catering, I missed one maybe two days at most throughout the year?

That will not effect your eligibility as long as you are progressing.
    You may be eligible for a maximum of 2 years assistance at level 7 and a further maximum of 4 years at level 8 if you are entering year 1 or more of each course.
    These are the maximum periods of study at undergraduate level in your case.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for the information you have been really helpful

Advertisement