Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Really need the grant a this stage

Options
  • 30-11-2014 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

I really need my grant. i applied in late may, 6 months ago!!!.
    I sent all my forms in and they requested more in late September which were in on October 2nd which is 2 months ago. The final assessment stage says it takes 4-6 weeks. Originally i was waiting 3 months now its 2 months since i sent in more forms. Its a joke at this stage.
    I have nearly no money left, and after paying train fare i have no money left. I cant buy stuff for college if i need it or even a jumper. I have no money and my college need the fees. We qualify for the full amount but their useless. I have called them but they told me i need to wait and ill get it soon but that was a month ago.
    I feel like crying, i need this grant!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Did you try your local TD?

Did you apply for this?

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp7235/student-assistance-fund/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Saipanne wrote: »
    Did you call them?

Every week and they tell me its on the final assessment stage and there is nothing else they can do

Every week and they tell me its on the final assessment stage and there is nothing else they can do

sorry, I changed my post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mountsky

I really need my grant. i applied in late may, 6 months ago!!!.
    I sent all my forms in and they requested more in late September which were in on October 2nd which is 2 months ago. The final assessment stage says it takes 4-6 weeks. Originally i was waiting 3 months now its 2 months since i sent in more forms. Its a joke at this stage.
    I have nearly no money left, and after paying train fare i have no money left. I cant buy stuff for college if i need it or even a jumper. I have no money and my college need the fees. We qualify for the full amount but their useless. I have called them but they told me i need to wait and ill get it soon but that was a month ago.
    I feel like crying, i need this grant!!

This is just an idea,go to the college chaplain&explain,they are there to help always.Failing that the SVP Saint Vincent De Paul.The very best of luck,I have a feeling you'll be sound though once you follow the above advice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

the whole grant system is a joke. girl in my class…her mother was a nurse or teacher..her father an accountant. she got the FULL GRANT. explain that one.

my house-> one income coming in, 6 kids, 2 college going. the smallest grant available. and that was 4 years ago. a ****ing joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭letsgetloud

cry on boards. that always helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Is this through susi?

It seems to have slowed down. There was some comment in an newspaper in the past week that the biggest % had been decided. The last 10,000 or so seems to be grinding them to a halt:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Is this through susi?

It seems to have slowed down. There was some comment in an newspaper in the past week that the biggest % had been decided. The last 10,000 or so seems to be grinding them to a halt:(

Susi yea.

Harsh!

Saipanne wrote: »
    Did you try your local TD?

Did you apply for this?

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp7235/student-assistance-fund/index.html

This stuff.

• Advertisement

mountsky wrote:
    Harsh!

yes

yes

Agreed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No need for that

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

berger89 wrote: »
    the whole grant system is a joke. girl in my class…her mother was a nurse or teacher..her father an accountant. she got the FULL GRANT. explain that one.

my house-> one income coming in, 6 kids, 2 college going. the smallest grant available. and that was 4 years ago. a ****ing joke.

Her father being an accountant basically explains it

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

OP

Go through their formal complaints process for unreasonable time delays

http://www.susi.ie/QuickLinks/Complaints.aspx

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

There are lots of resources available for students in similar situations. Contact the Student Union and the Chaplain. Go to the Chaplain, if you feel too embarrassed about going to the SU.

No need for that

If he/she isn't arsed doing anything other than crying about it on a forum what do you want me to say ?. So sorry heres some phone credit call someone who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭conspiracycat

If he/she isn't arsed doing anything other than crying about it on a forum what do you want me to say ?. So sorry heres some phone credit call someone who cares.

But he/she IS arsed, he/she is asking for advise, go somewhere else and be a Cnut, why do people like you even bother!

if your going to say it just say it. you are a c.u.n.t was that so hard ? now f.u.c.k off noone asked you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Do you realise that you are posting in the Student Finance forum, in which the OP posted for advice on his/her situation? Hardly a moaning thread, OP is clearly looking for advice and in the right place too.

Excellent input on your part though, what a compassionate, helpful soul you must be. :rolleyes:

OP I second the suggestion to go to the chaplain. There was also an emergency fund available from our SU for students in need so speak to your rep and see if they can do anything for you. My friend provided receipts of bus fare, photocopying fees and a bank statement and they reimbursed her a decent portion of her outgoings. Worth a shot, anyway. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭conspiracycat

if your going to say it just say it. you are a c.u.n.t was that so hard ? now f.u.c.k off noone asked you

Ok C.U.N.T :) that better!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

What an angry little man.

What an angry little man.

6.2 hardly little.

Ok C.U.N.T  that better!?

yes it is, you can dislike me but atleast I say what I mean

WhiteRoses wrote:
    Do you realise that you are posting in the Student Finance forum, in which the OP posted for advice on his/her situation? Hardly a moaning thread, OP is clearly looking for advice and in the right place too.

WhiteRoses wrote:
    Excellent input on your part though, what a compassionate, helpful soul you must be. 

Nope I am neither helpful nor compassionate I am what some people might call a bollox

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

As a reminder to everyone, please report posts you have a problem with instead of replying on thread.

People who abused others on thread have been infracted.

Thread Locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement