Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help.. Installing Diseqc 1.2 Motor

• 12-08-2005 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hope someone has had more luck than i have with this .

I have a comag sl55 from LIDL... A superjack dg120 motor.

Lat/Long:

Bettystown (Co Meath)
    Latitude 53.7014 Longitude -6.2461 Altitude (feet) 0
    Lat (DMS) 53° 42' 5N Long (DMS) 6° 14' 46W Altitude (meters) 0

The instructions recieved for the motor are in German, but i suppose if i buy from a german supplier then i got to expect it.

I can see from reading other similar post that i have to align the dish and motor first, i believe the motor has to be set to 0 and the dish then facing south. And then look for 1w. The thing i dont understand is what sort of evalation settings i need to put the dish and motor @ to begin with. i have seen a few threads about Usals saying that all i need to do is enter my details above and it should calc all other birds in the sky.. in theory that sounds amazing however putting that into practice well thats a whole weeks worth of sleepless nights.

So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know as at this stage the whole lot is about to get a close encounter with Astra.

:confused::confused::confused:
    Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Set the motor at 36 elevation and dont alter this , look for 8w not 1w as your centre satellite and use the dish elevation to peak 8w .

Good luck

byteloss wrote:
    Hope someone has had more luck than i have with this .

I have a comag sl55 from LIDL... A superjack dg120 motor.

Lat/Long:

Bettystown (Co Meath)
    Latitude 53.7014 Longitude -6.2461 Altitude (feet) 0
    Lat (DMS) 53° 42' 5N Long (DMS) 6° 14' 46W Altitude (meters) 0

The instructions recieved for the motor are in German, but i suppose if i buy from a german supplier then i got to expect it.

I can see from reading other similar post that i have to align the dish and motor first, i believe the motor has to be set to 0 and the dish then facing south. And then look for 1w. The thing i dont understand is what sort of evalation settings i need to put the dish and motor @ to begin with. i have seen a few threads about Usals saying that all i need to do is enter my details above and it should calc all other birds in the sky.. in theory that sounds amazing however putting that into practice well thats a whole weeks worth of sleepless nights.

So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know as at this stage the whole lot is about to get a close encounter with Astra.

:confused::confused::confused:
    Thanks in advance..

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 byteloss

Hi Tony,

Thanks for you quick reply.

I have set the elavation as advised, however can not seem to get 8w, i can now see astra1 and hotbird, which is much better than i have managed to date, When i connected the sat meter (the one supplied with LIDL system) and scaned all directions i can only seem to see a signal at 3 point and they all seem to be east. i can assume the third signal is Astra 2 as it is pretty close to the other 2..

On Hotbird i am getting about 63% strength and the same with Astra 1

any ideas as to what i am doing wrong, what is the usals and can that be used once i have got a sat listed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

well to be blunt not finding 8w is the problem, unless you get this right first it wont track right, if you are finding astra with the motor at centre then the dish is too low, if you are having trouble finding sats then start at hot bird and work right elevating the dish sligtly every time you fing 10 7 5e etc, remeber 8w is higher than all other sats in our part of the world
    byteloss wrote:
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for you quick reply.

I have set the elavation as advised, however can not seem to get 8w, i can now see astra1 and hotbird, which is much better than i have managed to date, When i connected the sat meter (the one supplied with LIDL system) and scaned all directions i can only seem to see a signal at 3 point and they all seem to be east. i can assume the third signal is Astra 2 as it is pretty close to the other 2..

On Hotbird i am getting about 63% strength and the same with Astra 1

any ideas as to what i am doing wrong, what is the usals and can that be used once i have got a sat listed..

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

A superjack dg120 motor.
    Byteloss, you have my sympathies. I made the mistake two years back of buying the superjack dg120 - Whilst they are the cheapest motor on the market, that motor is a lump of scrap metal.
    When I received mine, it already had 'play' in the arm - which meant that as it swung from east to west (or vice versa), one of the sides was off target.
    Furthermore, after the first winter the connection points corroded - and when i removed the cable, the whole thing came away.
    The manufacturer agreed to send a replacement provided I cover delivery charges - which (from taiwan) would cost much more than the bloody motor itself.

If you google that motor, you will find plenty of negative commentary. For only about ten or twenty euro more, you can get a decent motor that wont present these problems.

Hopefully you will be lucky with it and get an extended life out of it - but dont be surprised if it lets you down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

i have the same superjack up for a few years and no problems with it.no play in the arm.the chances are your motor will be fine.there is no goto x with the dg120,so you cannot input your coordinates allowing motor to tune in sat's automatically if you have motor set with true south on 8w.a compass would make finding 8w a lot easier as you could use hotbird,thor or nearest satellite to 8w as a reference. i recommended to a friend of mine to put up a stab diseqc 1.2 up last year and that now has play in arm,and that is supposedly a better motor.moteck is probably the best choice of motor as it has goto xx and manual e/w buttons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jimbobwalton

if as above I line up with 8w what freq should I look for i.e. the strongest ones in this part of the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 moc63

you could try syria. (fta)

freq:12747
    s/r : 2894
    horz

Getting a signal of 80 and a quality of 94 at the moment.On a technomate 7750.

Regards
    moc63

Advertisement