Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I think I've ADD?..

• 18-12-2014 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I'm 17 always been known as a underachiever in school, I just cannot take I'm information about things/subjects I've no interest in, but I get extremely focuses and motivated towards subjects I like.

I have a horrible habit of getting seriously into something and dropping it soon after.. Specifically about careers but also other areas.. For instance one day I'll go hell for leather wanting to become a banker the next I want to be a musician..

That being said I've wanted to be a doctor on and off since the age of 7.. But of always go back to the idea of being a doctor..
    My issue is that I get B's and C's when I should be getting A's (or so my teachers believe) this has lead me on a search to find out what the hell is wrong with me and how do I fix it..

What are my treatment options?
    Is the medication worth it? Can I become a doctor if I'm on medication for ADD (or inattentive ADHD)
    Will using the drug improve my concentration and in turn improve my grades?

I've many many questions and even if I could get answers to one or two if be delighted!
    I want to get this sorted out once and for all, I want it to stop messing about with my life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Op, nobody here can tell you whether or not you have add. That's not what this forum is for. And we can't answer your other questions as you don't have a diagnosis so it'd be unhelpful at best. Speak to your Doctor and take it from there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement