Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficultity getting free BBC

Options
  • 15-08-2005 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

I'm using a Grundig digi box with no card.
    We had all the BBC channels tuned in under other channels but my 4 year old got his hands on the remote and wiped them all.
    I followed the instructions in the sticky
    With your digibox turned on, press the "Services" button (near the top of the remote).

Select number 4 (System Setup), and then 4 again ("Add Channels").

In the appropriate fields enter the following (you move through the fields using the up and down arrow keys).

In the Frequency field enter: 10.773,

The next three fields are toggle fields, i.e. using the left and right arrows will change the value.

Toggle Polarisation to : H
    Toggle Symbol Rate to: 22000
    Toggle FEC to : 5/6

Then select the last button - Find Channels.

After a few seconds the channels should appear. The channels on this frequency should be - BBC One England, BBC Two England, BBC News 24, BBC Four, CBBC, CBeebies, BBC Three, BBC One Northern Ireland and BBC Radio Cymru.

But no channels were found. What am I doing wrong?
    Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

I am using a FTV card at the moment .Before i had this card i used to put a card ,a tesco club card in this case,into the slot .Power off the box for 10 secs when the box rebooted it would have english epg.This meant that bbcs would be on epg at channel numbers 101 102 115 116 and so on .This was a while ago but it could be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

I have all the sky channels tuned in and I don't want to lose those. This sounds like it might over write these ones.

I dont think it will ,but i cannot guarentee that.If you do use a dummy card you will have all of the fta sky channels on the epg as well.The only thing that the dummy card does is make the box default to an english epg .I will try it later on my box .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

have a look at lyngsat, http://www.lyngsat.com/astra2d.html for the correct frequencies (in case they have changed since that post??)

I tried the dummy card on my grundig box and could not get it to work.It didnt wipe out the saved channels but it reverted to an irish epg even do it usually has a uk card in it .Maybe somebody else on here could say if ti still works i am sure i used this method about 18 months ago, but there you go.
    It is mentioned here but it was 2003

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Thanks for your help, I figured it out last night and this morning.
    I powered off the box and then removed the power cable (ie total reboot)
    Then powered up and tried services etc again and hey presto! it worked. Now just to keep the 4 year old away from the remote.

Advertisement