Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great date but no contact afterwards

Options
  • 25-10-2014 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I recently went on a date with a guy I met from grindr. We are both 25. We only got talking on the Tuesday and met the Wednesday night. I was under the impression the date went really well. We had a great conversation which lasted 5 hours and afterwards had a kiss and a cuddle for at least 45 minutes. He kissed me goodnight and told me to text him when I got home. So when I got home, he text me to say he got home to which I responded I had too and goodnight. I heard nothing from him the next day. So I text him on whatsapp yesterday morning and he replied instantly with a voice message where he was singing a "good morning" song, I replied to that but heard nothing since.

I can only assume he isn't that into me really. I honestly thought he really was so I'm confused as to why I haven't really heard anything since. I can usually read a situation well but seems I was wrong here. I haven't texted since and nor will I as I'm not a pushy type of person.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Hmmm. I had a similar experience once. Met a lovely guy on a night out. We ended up having a kiss and a cuddle throughout the night in the G. Same scenario. We texted good night etc. I tried texting a few times but found it was just me making the effort and he wasn't. I wanted to meet up for a few drinks but he suggested a day and never got back to me on it. I kinda came to the conclusion that he was just looking for a kiss and a bit of male attention, or maybe he just wasn't into me. But I was probably a bit pushy in hindsight though :o

Maybe give it a few days and text him casually and see what happens? Sometimes talking to someone on Grindr and meeting them in person can be two different things to people. I hope it works out for you though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Some lads need their head examined, others just need a pair of balls and the ability to tell you they're not interested. Either way I hope ye find a bit of closure (good or bad) soon as these kind of things can really play on your mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

If I was the OP I would give myself the closure and just leave it. There's no point dwelling on a guy who either is a. A flake or b. Not into you.

Forget about it.

There's plenty of great guys out there. Forget about him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Ash885 wrote: »
    Some lads need their head examined, others just need a pair of balls and the ability to tell you they're not interested.

Nailed it, shame ops date won't say so one way or another. Op just move on, don't dwell on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 theperson2014

I suppose I can't comprehend why he bothered spending all that time with me and then laying in my arms for 45 minutes? Why should he do that if he wasn't interested? I deleted all his messages and number so I don't know his number and therefore won't be able to text him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,123 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I recently went on a date with a guy I met from grindr. We are both 25. We only got talking on the Tuesday and met the Wednesday night. I was under the impression the date went really well. We had a great conversation which lasted 5 hours and afterwards had a kiss and a cuddle for at least 45 minutes. He kissed me goodnight and told me to text him when I got home. So when I got home, he text me to say he got home to which I responded I had too and goodnight. I heard nothing from him the next day. So I text him on whatsapp yesterday morning and he replied instantly with a voice message where he was singing a "good morning" song, I replied to that but heard nothing since.

I can only assume he isn't that into me really. I honestly thought he really was so I'm confused as to why I haven't really heard anything since. I can usually read a situation well but seems I was wrong here. I haven't texted since and nor will I as I'm not a pushy type of person.

Can anybody shed any light on this?
    Perhaps he's not a pushy person either?

There's not going to be a second date unless one of you is prepared to ask the other out on a date. Directly. Not just talking to the other and hoping that he'll do the asking.

If you want to see him again, ask him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Welcome to the real world of dating.

You'll be fine

Advertisement