Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

burning&ripping dvds

Options
  • 02-02-2009 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

i am using windows media to burn dvds but it takes over 3 hours to do so.Is there an other program i can use that might be faster and possibly free.i also need to rip dvds to my external hardrive as i am putting all of my movies on it,to save space..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

What format / codec do you want to rip the DVDs to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

you need to rip them to your pc first and then move them out to the external. burning/ripping straight from/to the external will be slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

That depends. Try ripping direct to a folder on the external drive and compare speeds. How fast is your burner by the way? 16x? CD Burner XP Pro software is free and well worth a look at am alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Try WinAvi. Its not free but you can download a trial probably. To convert a media file -> DVD format (and burn it) its very fast and simple.

It'll be much faster than windows media, probably 5 or 6 times, although of course the speed depends to a large extent on the quality settings etc.

To convert a (legal, unprotected) DVD -> media file, try Handbrake. It'll convert straight from the disc if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

I like DVDFlick for putting together DVDs.

For ripping, smartripper or dvd decoder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 prorader

I have a bunch of DVdrip movie on PC try to burn to DVD+R disck keep coming up with the red circle red x. don't know who to ask about this most of the movies are aXXo

Advertisement