Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

facebook jumpstart

• 19-01-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

i love mixing and i have a radio show, i have joined facebook as a way to show my mixes and promote my radio show

i have as well joined sound cloud and will be uploading my weekly mixes

any advice or hints on both facebook or soundcloud will be greatly appreciated as a to pick it up quickly :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

From my own view, unless your producing or doing some incredible mash ups (i.e. Commericial / Charts) you'll find it very hard to find an audience. Bearing in mind even national artists here have very low numbers on Facebook etc. The major Likes and Shares come from the internationals. Anything Deadmau5 writes, not matter what it is, gets about 10,000 likes a minute.

What I would whole heartily not recommend is putting your name on a tshirt and wearing it. That just nauseating. By all means put a sticker on your laptop or something, but keep it low key.

Suppose it depends what you want to get out of it. You won't get gigs out of it. You'll get promotion and from there you can use that to show case. But if you want gigs and to gain a reputation, you'll still have to go out and cut your teeth. Anyone can, and I've seen, precut a Ableton set and upload it. You have to be able to show in a live scenario you can do the same. I'm not saying any of that as a high and mighty, I'd be very much in the same boat as yourself.

Also bearing in mind, the vasty majority of people in Irish clubs etc want charts, maybe some bouncy house / electro and then some cheese. So that effects what you want to do as well.

Throw up a link here by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

id be after gigs, i have some experience in pubs but never to play in freedom

ill upload a set here in a while i deleted the one i wanted to upload :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

ill upload a set here in a while i deleted the one i wanted to upload :o

Well you dont want that to happen at a gig, maybe practice using your laptop for a while first:pac::D

http://soundcloud.com/you/sets
    here is a fast knock up noting overly rehearsed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

http://soundcloud.com/you/sets
    here is a fast knock up noting overly rehearsed

Check you link. Should be http://www.soundcloud.com/[YOUR_USERNAME]

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Spam your mates with it all, get them to spam their mates with it, spam forums with it, announce it on your radio shows etc.

If and when you're doing gigs make sure there's a link to your facebook / soundcloud on the event pages and the flyers.

That's it man, that's all you can do, you won't get big off soundcloud or facebook, you'll need to give people a reason to follow you first, and while you might think it's amazing that you've done an electro house mix and that you're on the internet you can bet your bottom dollar nobody else does yet.

Stick up a promo picture and write a nice wee bio about yourself - make it consistent across all your social network pages, get a twitter going as well, and just pimp the **** out of it all, but be aware that they're only really promotional tools in the hands of people who have stuff to promote and who know how to use them.

yea going to start a twitter page soon

seem networking is the way

Advertisement