Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Career advice please

• 14-09-2009 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Im considering a major career change. possibly into computers. A friend has suggested I loom at EXCOM

As they offer intensive courses that would get me up and running in a relativelly short time.

Has anyone here any experience with EXCOM?

more importantly. What would you think is the best area to get into as regards building a long term career?

My friend suggested 'networks' as something that would offer longevity. Would you agree?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Never heard of excom. That doesn't mean that they're not grand or whatever, but I'd be more inclined to get something from one of the colleges here if I were you (or maybe the open university).
    Maccattack wrote: »
    My friend suggested 'networks' as something that would offer longevity. Would you agree?

What will offer longevity is something that you're interested in. Doing a course because you think it'll offer longevity is a really bad idea. Have a look at a more general course that allows you to pick more specific modules towards the end maybe?

Advertisement