Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mpeg-2 ts video playback

Options
  • 03-04-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have a Toshiba Windows 8 laptop and am trying to playback recordings from a SanDisk USB drive that I had installed in my Ferguson Ariva 153 box on my laptop. The recordings are in the format mpeg-2 TS.

However, when I try to play it back through windows media player, the sound comes through but no video.

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to play the recordings?

The options when I am formatting the USB drive in the Ariva box is either NTFS or FAT if that helps anyone. Neither appear to work.

Have also tried to playback through the usb port in my television unsuccessfully. Not that au fait with the technical formatting so would appreciate any help. Apologies if posted in wrong section!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Windows Media Player is awful, use VLC which will play any format you throw at it.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13 T1990

Thanks. Any ideas on how to play through the tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

T1990 wrote: »
    Thanks. Any ideas on how to play through the tv?
    TV's have quite limited formats (simple AVI, MPG etc.) so you are most likely out of luck there, you can connect your computer to the TV and play it that way or just play directly off your Ferguson. Or alternatively, depending if your TV is smart or not, you can use DLNA software to make the media available to stream on your TV.

Advertisement