Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System board issue cauing intermittant oroblems with recognising AC adapter?

Options
  • 07-04-2015 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what a system board is and does a problem with this cause an intermittant issue with a laptop not recognising that the AC adapter is plugged in? I have an ongoing saga with Dell regarding this intermittant issue and today they have come back and said it is a 'system board' issue and want me to return the laptop to them. While i'm hapoy i'm finally starting to get somewhere with them, i though it was a lose wire in the ac adapter that was causing the problem. I don't know how they have determined it is a 'system board' issue unless they know that this is a known fault.

Thanks
    Mel.b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The DC jack is likely mounted on the motherboard. With use these come lose and cause a dodgy connection to the mains. They either need to replace the motherboard or desolder the current one and solder on a new one.

Its a very common fault with laptops, and probably one of the most annoying to fix (and thus expensive if youre paying).

Advertisement