Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast not connecting to Vodafone wifi network

Options
  • 10-10-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Guys,
    My Chromecast won't connect to the internet via my Vodafone Wireless Broadband device. It seems to find the wifi signal grand, but it just won't connect.
    I can connect it to my phone (Tesco mobile) and cast no problem, but it's really the Vodafone network that I want to use!
    Has anyone experienced problems with Vodafone before, and if so would you have any advice for a complete noob on how to solve the problem?
    Cheers,
    HSB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

coylemj wrote: »

Hey!
    Yeah, I went through all the steps. It found the Vodafone network but wouldn't connect. Then I started the process from scratch again (after making my mobile a wifi hotspot...different network though) It connected grand, and has been working ok. Thing is, I want to use my Vodafone wifi, because it is better and that would give me more Gb's to use!

The fact that it will connect to one network, but not another has me scratching my head! If it couldn't find the network at all, I could understand that there might be a device compatibility issue, but it finds it fine, which rules this out imo.
    To me, it seems that the problem is on the Vodafone side of things, and that the broadband dongle has a security setting of some sort that won't let the Chromecast connect (and I havn't a clue how to change such settings!)

Advertisement