Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entrance to Reception

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

When I was last a bridesmaid this is what happened - might be a comprimise although for me it would be OTT. Anyway

The bridemaids walked in to one song - "Here come the girls" or some other similar

The groomsmen then came in to another song "Boys are back in town" or something like that

Then the bride and groom. These were the only ones introduced by the compere.

Also as there were so many bridemaids and groomsmen we were not at the top table but instead we were at a bridemaids table with our +1s and there was a groomsman table with +1s

Oh, the cringe. This is so embarrassing for all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

We were piped into dinner. The bridal party were already seated. Can't remember how we were introduced though - I'll have to look at the DVD!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Yeah every wedding in Donegal seems to do the announce bridesmaids and groomsmen to music, then the bride and groom. Its absolutely desperate.
    Announcing the B&G is OK and as someone said, it would give the couple 10 minutes on their own while people are getting settled, I wish we had of done it for our wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Did anyone here Ian Dempsey this morning on about this on Today FM brekkie show? Seems more common than people would think on here. Some funny ones not that I would be interested in them but maybe me chuckle thinking about people doing it! He had a competition to see who was best I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Yeah I heard Ian Dempsey on about it, and Ray Darcy picked it up after too, said he & Jenny walked into their reception to "Love is in the air".

I've been to weddings where the whole bridal party is introduced, personally I feel it drags out the standing & clapping for the guests too much (when everyone is starving!). It's nearly always been to Black Eyed Peas "Tonight's gonna be a good night" song.
    Sometimes it's impossible to make out the background music anyway with all the clapping and cheering, so the joke (if there is one) is a bit lost.

At my own wedding just hubby & I were introduced to music. I had two stipulations for DH that day - no dancing into the room and up to top table (cringe) and no singing into my face during the first dance :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

When I was last a bridesmaid this is what happened - might be a comprimise although for me it would be OTT. Anyway

The bridemaids walked in to one song - "Here come the girls" or some other similar

The groomsmen then came in to another song "Boys are back in town" or something like that

Then the bride and groom. These were the only ones introduced by the compere.

Also as there were so many bridemaids and groomsmen we were not at the top table but instead we were at a bridemaids table with our +1s and there was a groomsman table with +1s

I was groomsman last week and it was done like this, girls came into 9-5 while the lads came into as above the boys are back in town. It was fairly mortifying to be honest , there was a few stiff whiskeys sunk before that I can tell you. In this case it was the grooms idea, he thought it was the business altogether. We had to do a rehearsal of our walk in and all. I always suspected he had aspirations to be in a boyband, this confirmed those suspicions

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Starokan wrote: »
    I was groomsman last week and it was done like this, girls came into 9-5 while the lads came into as above the boys are back in town. It was fairly mortifying to be honest , there was a few stiff whiskeys sunk before that I can tell you. In this case it was the grooms idea, he thought it was the business altogether. We had to do a rehearsal of our walk in and all. I always suspected he had aspirations to be in a boyband, this confirmed those suspicions

LOL - I've been there!!!

The one that Ian Dempsey had on the line (the winner) was funny enough all the same the lad married a garda and they cam into 'I fought the law and the law one!' Not for me but at least it was original.

I'm marrying a pharmacist I was thinking I could walk into the verve 'drugs don't work' :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I think we were introduced and just walked in to applause, that was the most extravagant entrance we were willing to make tbh!

Advertisement