Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new corolla(advice)

Options
  • 14-10-2007 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

hi guys,im planning on buying an 08 corolla next year in black ,would I be better off getting an 07 avensis instead.any comments on the new corolla it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Supply of new Corollas is going to be very very tight. This model isn't sold in the UK, so we're the only market in Europe getting it in right hand drive.

I have had both as company cars, and while the exterior dimensions are similar, The Avensis has a better use of space and feels a good bit bigger inside.

It depends on which model you're thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Arn't they built in Turkey?

They're being built in Turkey and Japan for sale here in Ireland. depending on model.
    Auris is coming from Japan, Turkey and UK at the moment.

They're going to be exporting them from South Africa to Europe from mid next year, so that could sort out availability issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

one word..... auris

love corrolas but that auris(mmmmmmmm).......id say its gonna be a great seller second hand aswell, but dont base buying it on that though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

woop wrote: »
    id say its gonna be a great seller second hand aswell
    Doubt it. When it comes to cars, the general Irish public are boring and don't like hatchbacks, so the Corolla saloon is always going to be more popular. It also explains why people have actually bought the Tiida here, despite its disturbing levels of fuglyness.

The Auris isn't really that interesting either TBH. It just looks like a fat Yaris.

• Advertisement

Tiida sells on its high spec and dealers who like selling cars out for no profit. If you look beyond the uglyness, it's a decent package.

In the past Corolla hatchbacks always sell quicker and make more money second hand than saloons in ireland too. (with the exception of the 97-02 Liftback)

Think the new Corolla saloon is appealing to a different type of customer to the Auris and should hold its own second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The fact that air conditioning is only standard on top of the range models is disgraceful though. Even the usually tight VW has it as standard on the Golf these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I dont like the black interior. In fact there are so many new cars with black interiors. Interiors should be bright, not drab. When I was looking at the saloon advertised on the billboards and in the brochure, it stated picture is of Luna spec but I havent seen the window ledge chrome thats featured on the Avensis...?

must dig out a brochure!

Black doesn't offend anyone, and it's hard enough for people to choose from 10 exterior colours, not to mention 2 interiors. would make finding customers their choice of car twice as hard!

Advertisement