Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best flowers? Go local or *****flora?

Options
  • 03-07-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

This is my first week back at work since my wife gave birth (2/3 weeks ago) to our second bundle of joy (the first is 18 months old). She's being an absolute star about it; I've had to work late already one or two nights.

I know it's incredibly hard on her, so I just wanted to surprise her with a little something to say thanks. (We're kinda broke atm so I can't push the boat out - she's be more annoyed if I overspent.)

I'm planning on flowers. (Unless someone has a better idea) So were's best to buy them - go through the local shop, or are ****flora alright?

tl;dr? (I don't blame you) Where's best to buy flowers - local shop or *****flora? Or does it make any difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Whereabouts are you? If you're in Dublin City head to Moore Street, get two bunches for a decent sized bouquet. I got that recently and found it really impressive, beautiful flowers, they lasted weeks and didn't break the bank (€10 I think). Congrats on the new arrival!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Dublin, northside

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I bought a friend of mine a hamper that I made up myself with a whole load of smellies (hand creams, wipes, body lotion, hair things- nothing mad expensive, just nice) and then I also put in a selection of fruit and a few naughties like bars of chocolate.

She was delighted.
    Flowers are good too, but there are alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭stephenamccann

The internet one is great, very reliable. Also, can get discounts with email marketing as result...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just call to Aldi..

Their flowers are great!! I know a few bits and pieces about the flowers and defo they are twice as good as any you will get in a Florist shop, last just as long but are half the price.

If ye are on a tight budget I would think she would much more appreciate you going to pick her a nice bunch from Aldi, and going to the effort rather than ringing a florist spending twice if not three times the amount to have them delivered...

• Advertisement
Advertisement