Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare village / port, car parking for free?

Options
  • 23-12-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

I am beginning a new job in Wales in January and I plan on leaving my car in Rossalre and taking the ferry as a foot passenger as I won't need my car in Wales.

I know that the port charges a fee of 25 euro a week to park, but is there anywhere I can park in Rosslare for free, as this may be a long term......

(52 weeks x 25 euro = 1300 euro saved a year )

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Supervalu Carpark.They usually let truckers park in there at night time.You can then walk down into the Port.Might take your between 5-10 minutes to walk down in the port though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

You can park in my cctv covered car-park for €100. Theres security and a saving. No joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Bubbling wrote: »
    Hi,

I am beginning a new job in Wales in January and I plan on leaving my car in Rossalre and taking the ferry as a foot passenger as I won't need my car in Wales.

I know that the port charges a fee of 25 euro a week to park, but is there anywhere I can park in Rosslare for free, as this may be a long term......

(52 weeks x 25 euro = 1300 euro saved a year )

Thanks!

I suspect if you park anywhere for that long, someone will report the car and it will be removed for being 'abandoned'. I'd either leave the car with a friend and take the bus to the port, or just bring the car with you and leave it parking in various car parks near where you are moving to if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Louise1965

ardinn wrote: »
    You can park in my cctv covered car-park for €100. Theres security and a saving. No joke.

Hi, I came across your post (from 2010!) offering secure parking at Rosselare for €100. Is that something you still offer? My husband is looking for long term parking in Rosselare so he can travel more easily to and from Wales while he takes care of his father who's ill.

If this is something you still offer, could you let me know what period the €100 covers. Much appreciated!

Advertisement