Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPDM supplier?

Options
  • 30-01-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where EPDM for flat roofs is sold?
    i couldnt find anything about it online. im thinking of doing my partial flat roof to the front and rear with this. anyone got any opinions of it either?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

you have PM

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Snip

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

Cheers lads . I'll look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

Sorry to Haul up thread. Did you go for this stuff in the end? Looks a good alternative to felt. If you use it with a ballast.

Sorry to Haul up thread. Did you go for this stuff in the end? Looks a good alternative to felt. If you use it with a ballast.

funnily enough i just up the materials today from a supplier in dublin, and im going to do the work in the next week. im happy enough with what ive seen of the product, the materials are pricy enough but its worth it, and its possible to do the whole area in one piece

• Advertisement

Thats funny. I was just looking at it on UK site as I dont want felt. Do you know what thickness you went for? Can you tell me name of place you got it? Cheers

Yeah 1 piece sounds good. I was thinking you dont want to be joining rubber seams together. Found someplace in Cork. But Dublin would be even better. Do you mind me asking how much per m2 if you know roughly?

Yeah 1 piece sounds good. I was thinking you dont want to be joining rubber seams together. Found someplace in Cork. But Dublin would be even better. Do you mind me asking how much per m2 if you know roughly?

yeah it depends on if you buy a roll or if they have to cut a peice for you.
    they told me they do rolls of 3x15 meters or 3 x 30 or 6x30
    if you buy a roll its €7 or €7.50 per m2 plus vat. if they cut a roll for you i think its €9.50 per m2.

then youhaveto factor in adhesive, i big tub of waterbased is €154 plus vat if i remember correctly. then a primer for the corners at 32 plus vat.

there is a non water based adhesive thats more expensive and harder to use, you also have to concider the detail at the gutter edge ,
    ill pm you the company details

the product ****** EPDM ***** by the way, and it looks like 1 or 2 mm, its very tough, id say it would be hard to puncture it, theres no way it would tear like felt. Am I allowed to mention the product?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 danielmckay7

sorry for bringing up old topic but for anybody still interested, I ordered <SNIP> materials from <SNIP>, they delivered to me in Ireland aswell. Can recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sorry for bringing up old topic but for anybody still interested, I ordered <SNIP> materials from <SNIP>, they delivered to me in Ireland aswell. Can recommend.
    Get outa here you chancer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

muffler wrote: »
    Get outa here you chancer

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gonadh

Howdy, found this thread searching for a supplier of the epdm rubber. I have been searching for days now and I cant find anywhericon7.pnge in Ireland that sells it. I was hoping that maybe that recommended place may still be open or if anyone knows of another in Dublin or close.
    Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

I've been looking for a supplier in Galway and may have to get it over the internet and risk delivery problems. Garden centres sell it as pond liners and I'm wondering if it is the same stuff. Of course then there'd be the problem of getting the two types of adhesive.

gonadh wrote: »
    Howdy, found this thread searching for a supplier of the epdm rubber. I have been searching for days now and I cant find anywhericon7.pnge in Ireland that sells it. I was hoping that maybe that recommended place may still be open or if anyone knows of another in Dublin or close.
    Cheers. :)

Did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gonadh

Banbh wrote: »
    I've been looking for a supplier in Galway and may have to get it over the internet and risk delivery problems. Garden centres sell it as pond liners and I'm wondering if it is the same stuff. Of course then there'd be the problem of getting the two types of adhesive.

Hey banbh, Ill pm you the details of a place i got it today. excellent.:)
    Did you get sorted?

I did indeed isup, cheers

Does anyone know if it is necessary to strip off felt in order to lay EPDM? I've decided to do the job myself but it's a gamble with the weather and I want to make sure I get it done in one go.

Yeah felt off and new ply wood base

Thanks - more work.

The water based adhesive is alot easier to use than the other type.

• Advertisement

Instead of trying to strip the old torch-on felt, wouldn't new ply sheet fixed over this do instead?
    Always trying to get out of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

PM NW for details

Thanks for the contacts. I will get on to them and post a follow-up when I get the job done.

Hi. If anyone knows of anywhere that supplys. I got some before -snip- but they seem to be closed down. All I need is to buy a patch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Can you walk on this stuff? I have a terrace at the back of the house. Its mass concrete and wondering how do I finish it.

You can walk on it but I wouldnt use it to walk on if you are trying to keep it water tight. It could be damaged/puncture with traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

isup wrote: »
    You can walk on it but I wouldnt use it to walk on if you are trying to keep it water tight. It could be damaged/puncture with traffic

Cheers. Any idea how you would finish a balcony/terrace that would be walked on (a non high traffic area).

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Clf

Where did you get the EPDM in the end? I'm thinking of upgrading my shed roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wagster

Could someone PM me an EDPM supplier in Ireland please? Galway would be handy but anywhere will do at a pinch. Thx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VegetativeState

Hi folks, likewise seearching for EPDM. Have found one supplier but I'd like to see what the other options are, if anyone has any info please PM me. Thanks!

Advertisement