Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are Wales playing their games in Cardiff?

• 08-09-2007 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

Why? and also why are Scotland playing some of their games in Edinburgh?
    i thought the world cup was meant to be in France? not france/scotland/wales.

sorry if this has been posted before but im new to these here rugby forums.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

money.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's something to do with how they decided who got to host the world cup. Englands bid did not have any games played elsewhere, frances bid did so they won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,384 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

was it part of frances bid to host the games, that they would give wales/scotland some games and have the extra stadium capacity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

there would have been a couple of matches in ireland too if lansdowne was still available

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think Scotland were due to get more games at home but couldn't agree on the money. Cardiff has a quarter final as well don't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

It doesn't make any sense at all. Either the WC is in bloody France or it isn't. They have enough Stadia to host it alone so I don't get it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Cardiff will have the 1/4 winners of NZ group (NZ) and the runners up of our group (anyone's guess)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

BOHSBOHS wrote:
    there would have been a couple of matches in ireland too if lansdowne was still available

BOHs is correct that Lansdowne if available would have been used for at least one of the games, couldn't there have been an agreement made with the GAA to use Croker or was the decision made before that had been resolved?

I agree with the posters if its given to one country (especially someone like France who definitely have enough stadia), then they shouldn't be played elsewhere. I'm a welshman and I think its unfair that Aus have to face us in Cardiff for the French world cup (not that I think it will make a difference to the result :( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Nice post and to the point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement