Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Imagine Dragons (Olympia Theatre, 22nd Aug)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Front of circle to clarify!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I doubt there were too many who casually came across this gig as it sold out pretty fast so most people would've actively pursued a ticket and might have been ones who missed on on the Thursday gig and were lucky enough to get a second gig put on.

Well I was near the front so I guess we had a different experience.

..although a family sitting near me did try and record the whole show??!!:confused:

It was mostly the muppet standing behind us who decided to shout "C'mon ta f**k" during the song dedicated to Tyler Robinson and from then proceeded to say oh so many funny and hilarious things. There were others doing similar (yes the closer to the bar in the Olympia the worse it is) but generally these people will always find me, even amongst eighty thousand capacity crowds, so I don't get too surprised anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bassfacewhy

CFC007 wrote: »
    How was tonight's gig? Support worth seeing?
    Support were great!!! Really heavy enough rock, we hung out with them afterwards, they're suuuuuch nice lads!!!
    alleystar wrote: »
    What was the setlist? If you can remember.
    I got the setlist actually, so here it is Intro, Round and Round, Amsterdam, Tip Toe, Hear Me, Cha-Ching, Rocks, It's Time, 30 Lives, Bleeding Out, Demons, **Three Little Birds Cover, Stand By Me Cover**, Underdog, On Top Of The World, Radioactive, Nothing Left To Say.
    **They're not on the setlist but they played them
    Thanks! Do you have any clue what time people started queuing at?

We got there at 4.40 and there was about 10, by about 6 there was about 100 people (this is for standing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Been to some bad gigs in my time, but that took the biscuit.

Studio band. Awful live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Studio band. Awful live!

Would that be in reference to the quality of the music live or the bands stage performance?

Reason I ask is because on Tuesday for the great night I had, I did think the Olympia just wasn't doing the set justice, with a tonne of percussion plus a synth there was details getting lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Studio band. Awful live!

I thought they were amazing live, dans voice wasnt great for the first few songs but that would be me being really picky. I thought they were fantastic.

Some of the crowd were a bit annoying eg. 2 blokes in front of me discussing whether dans tshirt was the one he wore in the radioactive video....other people talking non stop...why go to see a live band and talk through each and every song :mad:

Support band were great just wished the singer didnt talk so much....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Jesus I thought they were brilliant! Queued for three hours and got to the front row, right in front of the lead guitarist. Certain songs are better on the album/ EPs - for example Round and Round but every other song was close enough to the original. Radioactive was epic, brilliant close to the show and the variety of drums used throughout the gig was just incredible. Well worth the wait.

I was a bit surprised with the crowd though, a lot of young girls there. Everyone was sound enough, including the staff.

The support act was very good imo, but that guy on the tambourine was cracked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Jesus I thought they were brilliant! Queued for three hours and got to the front row, right in front of the lead guitarist. Certain songs are better on the album/ EPs - for example Round and Round but every other song was close enough to the original. Radioactive was epic, brilliant close to the show and the variety of drums used throughout the gig was just incredible. Well worth the wait.

I was a bit surprised with the crowd though, a lot of young girls there. Everyone was sound enough, including the staff.

The support act was very good imo, but that guy on the tambourine was cracked.

Yeah how the chap with the tambourine didnt get whiplash ill never know.

I thought it was brilliant when they threw those huge balloons into the crowd :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

viv2 wrote: »
    Yeah how the chap with the tambourine didnt get whiplash ill never know.

I thought it was brilliant when they threw those huge balloons into the crowd :D

Yeah from his long hair! He was absolutely stone mad.

Oh God yeah! And the confetti was inside! That was a nice touch to the show. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement