Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Hair Removal- South Dublin

Options
  • 10-03-2013 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello,
    looking for tips for laser hair removal.
    I have heard IPL is a no go area.
    I have fair skin and dark hair which makes me a good candidate.
    I am looking for somewhere with a good reputation and good long lasting effects.
    I am looking in the Dundrum area (seen two clinics) and also looking at Therapie in town.
    Anyone any good tips? Or could recommend a good clinic?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

I've had 2 sessions at Laserway in Dundrum & find them really good.

So far it seems that I see results 1 - 4 weeks after the treatment & I need to shave a bit more in the 2 weeks leading up to my next appointment. What I like best is that the ladies there manage your expectations very well so even when I'm getting re-growth I'm not frustrated. They also try to give you an appointment with the same person each time & will let you know if it's going to be someone different.

I didn't have any other consultations so I can't comment on anywhere else, but from my experience I'd give laserway a big thumbs up.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maegan

Lasers and pulsed lights work best on people with dark hair and light skin. A wide variety of medical lasers and light systems are used to remove unwanted hair, however most lasers are not effective for all skin types and hair colors. The Elos laser hair removal system is designed for permanent hair reduction by combining both optical and radiofrequency energy to deliver satisfying, longer lasting results with less discomfort than previous laser systems. All skin and all hair colors including gray and blonde hair are effectively treated. Faces, backs, arms, legs, faces, and bikini lines can be treated including those individuals with darkly pigmented skin. Treatments are administered every 4 weeks and generally 3 to 5 treatments are sufficient. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

maegan wrote: »
    Lasers and pulsed lights work best on people with dark hair and light skin. A wide variety of medical lasers and light systems are used to remove unwanted hair, however most lasers are not effective for all skin types and hair colors. The Elos laser hair removal system is designed for permanent hair reduction by combining both optical and radiofrequency energy to deliver satisfying, longer lasting results with less discomfort than previous laser systems. All skin and all hair colors including gray and blonde hair are effectively treated. Faces, backs, arms, legs, faces, and bikini lines can be treated including those individuals with darkly pigmented skin. Treatments are administered every 4 weeks and generally 3 to 5 treatments are sufficient. Best of luck!

Actually Elos isn't laser at all, its just glorified IPL. I also doubt that it would work after 3-5 treatments as proper laser machines like Candela take 6-8 treatments at least

Advertisement