Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you wear sexy or ugly pyjamas?

Options
  • 02-03-2013 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I usually wear a pair of pj bottoms and either a random tee or the top that came with it. I'm fond of either those deeply unsexy fleecy bottoms from penneys or equally unflattering button up the front pyjama suits if that makes sense. I wear these so I can a) lounge around after work and be comfy, b) stay warm at night in my freezing cold house and c) because I feel weird sleeping in the nip ...exposed or something!

But when I have male company esp. in the early stages it's all about lacey sexy things which is fine for a while. But i've yet to show a guy my true pyjama leanings :o Normally with a guy it's nude or little impratical shorts and a vest top. Nothing like what I'd wear on my own in freezing aul Ireland.

So ladies what are your pj preferences. P.S. I went a bought a little night shirt but it reminds me of my mother in the mid 90s!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

The only pijamas I own are men's style pijamas with satin finish on the outside and flanel on the inside so they are warm. They must be about 15 years old and are still in perfect condition because I wear them about twice per year when cold. My usual outfit is panties and bf's old t-shirt. Usually my legs are very hot so I can't wear pijama bottoms and my shoulders are cold in any sleeveless top so the sexy stuff is out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Our house is like a sauna so while I'll wear lovely, fleecy bottoms or button up PJs in the evening sometimes, I've been moving towards lighter PJs for sleeping in lately.

I love nice loose vest-type tops and loose pants in soft, stretchy jersey material. I have a few pairs with pants in a very thin cotton that I love too.

Luckily I can easily find comfortable pyjamas that look nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I would love something warm AND nice! Impossible I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I reckon I'm quite weird. I think my gf in pj's is really sexy. Especially when she wears her glasses too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Warmth is priority for me. I can't stand warm bedrooms, so I keep my bedroom cool, hence the warm pyjamas. I tend to wear flannel bottoms with matching t-shirts. In summer, I might switch to a vest top and shorter bottoms.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I usually wear pj pants and a string top. I'm a pretty warm person though, so I usually take off the pants and sleep in just the string top.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It is possible to have PJs that are neither sexy nor ugly. I think warm flannel PJs are really cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I wouldn't say my pjs are either ugly or sexy- just cosy. Obviously some are nicer than others and I have ones that could be viewed as maybe "sexy" but I don't really think about it to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

I'm currently not seeing anyone and living in a rather cold college dorm, so it's flannel PJs and thermal top for me. If I was seeing someone I wouldn't be wearing them, though. Not because they're particularly ugly, but because he can keep me warm instead lol

I've invested in some pretty silk and lace nighties which are nice and all, but the thing about sexy nightwear is that they tend not to stay on very long :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Comfort and warmth is priority for me. Like Dudara, I hate warm bedrooms (it's way too stuffy) but I like to be cosy.

I really don't care whether it's ugly or not - I wear flannel bottoms and a long sleeved nightdress. Totally mismatched, but I HATE when tops ride up at the back when I'm curled up so I prefer to wear a nightdress.

I have sexy nightwear too and that's fine for sex - but not for actual sleeping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I dont wear bottoms, just a vest top in summer and a long sleeved top or tee shirt in winter. I like my legs to be free. If I happen to be lounging in my nightwear (which would be rare but maybe after a night out) I do have bottoms I put on, they are just loose tracksuit type bottoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

I sleep in the nude.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭fits

Plain cotton jersey t shirt and bottoms (no patterns) Light but im well covered. Neither ugly nor sexy I would say...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I wear comfy pyjamas...which are generally ugly!

Can't be arsed with any of the lacey frilly stuff. And I don't care what fellas see me wearing in bed! Actually this winter I've been wearing jumpers in bed a lot (I am always freezing) and the guy I'm seeing has ripped the piss about them a few times..oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

Night shirts can be cute and practical so that's what I'm trying at the moment.
    I could never sleep in my underwear, there's something lovely about being free and letting everything breath' after a shower at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Hate 'nightdresses' and hate nightgowns, always have...I think they remind me of waddling women in maternity units!

I love cotton pyjama bottoms; Im pretty fussy; no fleece, and not that light fabric from Penneys, but the thicker cotton bottoms from Penneys. Always get them a size bigger as they usally shrink in the wash! Top wise I usally wear a tank top, not specifically a jammie top.

Spotted frilly lacey yokes in the shops as PJs but they just arent for me; freeeezing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Nothing beats an oversized but with a pull string on them pair of fleecey PJ pants, and all depending how chilly it is the manfriends hoddy or your own. If too warrm then a thsirt top or none at all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I usually just wear a t-shirt and pj bottoms to sleep, no matter what the season. If it's very very warm, I'll ditch the bottoms.

I have no sexy pjs, but what I do wear aren't all loose and unsexy either. For some reason, my boyfriend likes my pjs, which suits me because I wouldn't be bothered with lacy frilly concoctions for bedtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Jaysus lads, I like a good pair of PJs, Dont think the wife would be too impressed if I wore the lacey one's though.:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I like Pyjama bottoms, Penneys had lovely tartan ones there a while back and I stocked up on those, I wear them with a vest top.

In summer I wear cotton shorts and vest tops.

I do have a few silky shiny things but in all fairness they don't get aired very often, they're too bloody cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I like to see how many layers of leopard I can have on. Leopard fluffy robe, leopard fleece pants, leopard slippers! Random t shirt. It's all about the comfort!

Advertisement