Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xperia T anyone?

Options
  • 25-11-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

My OH was looking for ideas on what to get me for xmas,and I quite like the look of the Sony Xperia T(the Bond phone).
    Anyone here got or used one?if so would you recommend it?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I like the look of it too.
    I haven't heard very much about it though.
    Doesn't seem to be much buzz about it.
    And doesn't like anyone here has one.

It seems decent from the reviews if not spectacular and it's nice to have something a little different.

I have a friend who has the Xperia Arc and he has been very pleased with it, no complaints about the build quality or their customisations to android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm a big fan of the sony phones and their builds of android vs the competition, the T is also on my radar but out of my budget :(

I was looking at the U and J models as an alternative the better reviewed U doesn't have an sd slot oh well...... /saves for T

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of the sony phones and their builds of android vs the competition, the T is also on my radar but out of my budget :(

I was looking at the U and J models as an alternative the better reviewed U doesn't have an sd slot oh well...... /saves for T

think about going second hand. I managed to grab an S a few months back for €250 on adverts for the other half, so was roughly the same price as a second hand SII but a much better phone.

I also think sony's Android skin is one of the better ones out there

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Velros

I was ringing Vodafone in Limerick nearly every day to check if they had it in. As soon as they had it in stock, I rushed in to get it. Very happy with my purchase.

If you are a fan of Sony's product design, you will love it. Personally I love Sony's elegant and quality design on all their products over pretty much all of their competitors. Most android phones look cheap and plastic imo(but seems to be improving recently) but this feels like a good solid well built phone in your hand. It has a nice weight, I enjoy phones that have a bit of weight, saying that, its not that heavy at all. But I rather dislike a phone having too little weight.

Excellent screen, HD movies and TV shows look amazing. Camera is also of very high quality, the pictures and video look brilliant on my Sony Bravia ;) The dual core is more than sufficient to handle your needs.

But the lack of LTE might be a turn off for you? LTE won't be here for a while so does not bother me too much, I will probably own a new smart phone by the time its fully rolled out in Ireland.

Another thing to take into account is that there are a few articles around the place about the next upcoming Sony phones. There is a nice looking quad core one. I'd take a look at them first, you might want to wait to avoid regret/disappointment when you own the Flagship for 3 months only to be bumped aside by a newer more powerful phone.

All in all, its a more than decent phone.

Advertisement