Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Problem with market app

Options
  • 24-11-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I installed a game from the Android play store. Called Snake 2. When I installed it, it also installed a search engine on my home screen and bombed my phone with ads constantly. Un-installed it immediately but how can I make sure it left nothing behind. It had a good star rating with people mostly complaining about ads but I never thought it would be that bad. Is there a chance that it left behind spyware? How can I check.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Try installing Adaway. It usually gets rid of annoying ads like what you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Air push detector checks for apps that push those ads.

You could also get lookout security to do a full scan.

Adaway won't work unless your phone is rooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Is there a way to do it with out installing any security apps? Like getting a list of all the running processes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Menu >Settings>Applications>All.
    I'm not an expert on malware but if it's on your phone I'd presume it is hidden so it's probably wise to use a security app.
    You could just use it once then uninstall it if your worried about space or whatever.

Advertisement