Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So My phone is semi bricked

Options
  • 23-11-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all, I have a Vodafone smart II/alcatel v860 and I have hit a bit of a snag.
    I did a restore to factory conditions which seemed to work fine however upon restarting I cannot get past the Setup Wizard. I can get into emergency calls, and I can get into text messages from the notification bar however I have no way at all of getting past the setup wizard. Has anyone any solution to this particular problem please? For example is there a way of skipping the activation wizard on these phones or perhaps a code to enter in the emergency call screen to get to the home screen?
    Or even how to get this phone into download mode where I might recover from there?
    Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Mick_Grif wrote: »
    Hi all, I have a Vodafone smart II/alcatel v860 and I have hit a bit of a snag.
    I did a restore to factory conditions which seemed to work fine however upon restarting I cannot get past the Setup Wizard. I can get into emergency calls, and I can get into text messages from the notification bar however I have no way at all of getting past the setup wizard. Has anyone any solution to this particular problem please? For example is there a way of skipping the activation wizard on these phones or perhaps a code to enter in the emergency call screen to get to the home screen?
    Or even how to get this phone into download mode where I might recover from there?
    Many thanks in advance

First see if you can do a factory reset again in recovery for a quick fix. If not you might have to do some work!

Was having a look on xda and someone mentions a similar problem. but there's no reply. You could write here see if anyone replies this time OR

Might be awkward for you to fix if your not use to this stuff but you could try flashing a new rom maybe. On xda also...

You need to root first though.
    How to root phone

You'll need to familiarise your self with the process and write out the steps if you're not used to it. Give yourself time and don't rush it and you should figure it out ok.

Advertisement