Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galaxy S3 - stop it downloading thumbnails from nearby devices

Options
  • 21-11-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭

I've googled this to death and can't find a simple solution to this.

I noticed with my new S3 that it automatically, over wifi, downloads thumbnail images, which could number in the thousands, from nearby PC's. I don't want it to do this because it's slow and presumably wastes battery, and.... and well, because I didn't tell it to do it!

Has anyone a ready fix for this please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Are you sure that's what it's doing? Doesn't sound very likely. Is it from pcs on the wifi network?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Are you sure that's what it's doing? Doesn't sound very likely. Is it from pcs on the wifi network?

Well I'm not lying! :)

It's doing it at home from a network hard drive over home WiFi and also at school on the school WiFi. (I'm a teacher).

Google shows the problem but not a solution. That I have found at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

fat bloke wrote: »

Well I'm not lying! :)

It's doing it at home from a network hard drive over home WiFi and also at school on the school WiFi. (I'm a teacher).

Google shows the problem but not a solution. That I have found at least.

Yes, it drives me mad too!

Extremely annoying & wasteful.

Would love a solution!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Haha this is the "special" feature they are advertising on massive billboards around the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

srsly78 wrote: »
    Haha this is the "special" feature they are advertising on massive billboards around the place :)

How d'ya mean?

• Advertisement
Advertisement