Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seaweed Baths

Options
  • 26-02-2015 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering about peoples experiences with Seaweed Baths. I've crazy pain some days in my left-leg and back and thinking of trying something like a seaweed bath, preferably close to Kerry.

My Late Dad used swear by SeaSalts and after trying them myself he was right to. He always ensured he kept me stocked up on them also since I told them how much they did actually work for me also...

Anywhoo, I found SolasNaMara in Waterford but thinking what I'd gain in terms of relaxation whilst there I would loose driving back to Kerry.

Has anyone tried
    ~ the Seaweed Bath in Ballybunnion, very little info online.
    ~ seaweed treatments in any spa anywhere that I could look up & find similar near me.

If someone knew of anywhere they've tried seaweed treatments and have positive feedback after using, please tell me.

Many Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Voya is my local one, in Sligo. I suffer from a bad back and it does wonders for me. You can buy a bath pack from them online, I can't post links but have the site is voya.ie, look under the 'baths' tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Voya is my local one, in Sligo. I suffer from a bad back and it does wonders for me. You can buy a bath pack from them online, I can't post links but have the site is voya.ie, look under the 'baths' tab.

Oh Thank You so much! :)

That's Wonderful. I've booked extra time off work for myself this coming week due to the pain and was looking into something like this.
    I'm upping my exercise so pain is increasing and trying to find alternatives to pain-killers and thinking something like this.

Plenty products online also to purchase,
    Thanks Again,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I think ballygarry sell voya products in their spa....

I think ballygarry sell voya products in their spa....

Ah lovely. Will phone them tomorrow and check :)

I'm just going to update this in event it helps others :)

Seaweed Baths are simply Awesome! Actually bought some seaweed (amongst other products) on voya.ie; products that some spa's also sell and just amazing.

I used some seaweed with the seasalts it comes with and added in some lavender also and my body just felt so so relaxed and light afterward, I'll continue this so I will.

As I said, just updating in event someone else might like to try. It's helped me anyways and just Hope it helps someone else also,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

LOVE seaweed baths. Haven't been for one in a long time. Have been to the one in Lahinch Co. Clare and the Voya one in Sligo. OH even got me a box of seaweed from Voya one Christmas. It makes your skin feel just amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Bit of an awkward question but seaweed baths - would these be friendly for those of us who can't have a normal bubble bath? My pH level is very delicate I think and baths really irritate me :o

Bit of an awkward question but seaweed baths - would these be friendly for those of us who can't have a normal bubble bath? My pH level is very delicate I think and baths really irritate me :o

Seems to be mixed reviews on this online. I would recommend you make contact with some from here and ask directly those who would be trained and qualified. They would know if you should attend so would be able to give a definitive answer for you & know what other questions necessary to ask before saying yes or no to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Seems to be mixed reviews on this online. I would recommend you make contact with some from here and ask directly those who would be trained and qualified. They would know if you should attend so would be able to give a definitive answer for you & know what other questions necessary to ask before saying yes or no to you :)

I suppose my main question that can be safely answered by a lay person is... are they scented? Or do they just smell like salt?

Advertisement