Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one glitch Argos

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

This greedy ***** is selling a couple for a profit wwwdotadvertsdotie/xbox/xbox-one-fifa-15-bundle-sealed-receipt/6873195

How you know they are making profit? They could have bought it elsewhere. Also its a glitch on Argos.ie's so fair play to those who took advantage and makinh some money.

dan786 wrote: »
    Have reservation in Tallaght until EOD tomorrow if any one wants it.

Have 2 so will be going up later to grab one and see if the give the 2 controllers for free.

Gave one to a colleague.Had to convince them took a while. Got it in the end. I just bought it for the sake of it . I have one which is almost year old now so warranty will be over. Might stick with that or sell the old one and use the new.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Beadyeye

I picked up my xbox and 2 pads today. All good no hassle getting it. It's a class console in fairness!

I wonder what deals they will have for GTA V and Far Cry 4. If its anything like their Evil Within and Horizon 2 it for 409.99 will fly out the door.

Beadyeye wrote: »
    I picked up my xbox and 2 pads today. All good no hassle getting it. It's a class console in fairness!

Its dependent on who you get , as the one I got there was a girl on who said the deal is over so I asked if I could meet the manager.

But my colleague went an hour later. , a guy was at the till... who gave it straight away. I dont see that glitch lasting long. Dont see them making profit on it. As the cost price on the console alone with fifa is around 290 for retailers + VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

dan786 wrote: »
    How you know they are making profit? They could have bought it elsewhere. Also its a glitch on Argos.ie's so fair play to those who took advantage and makinh some money.

but your only saying that because smartdeals247 is your profile...
    wwwdotadvertsdotie/xbox/xbox-one-fifa-15-bundle-sealed-receipt/6873195

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

wait never mind i just noticed you have different usernames so i'm wrong

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Take the accusations to PM rather than derailing the thread. We can't do anything to stop people ruining it for others but don't help them by advertising them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

I'm a bit dim, can anyone explain to me what we're getting for €400?

Is it?

- Xbox One
    - Fifa 15
    - 2 Xbox Controllers

AND

- Wii u Console
    - Mario Kart

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

I'm a bit dim, can anyone explain to me what we're getting for €400?

Is it?

- Xbox One
    - Fifa 15
    - 2 Xbox Controllers

AND

- Wii u Console
    - Mario Kart

Your getting xbox one Fifa 15 console that comes with one controller and two extra .controllers free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Anybody managed to get this to work today? Or have any codes?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Tried to reserve but the extra controller's are not reserving with the Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

They are now, I just did it.

I used checkargos.com to check stock of controllers.

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=139%2F6531

328732.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Reserved this on Sat - picked it up this evening - they messed about for about 20 minutes checking prices - but gave it to me in the end for 399 (argos in cruses st limerick)
    FIFA 15
    Xbox One + controller
    2 extra controllers in separate boxes
    1 10 Euro argos voucher
    I dont regard this as a glitch the offer has been on their Website for 3 days now and they Are still getting a Big chunk of money - that said its a great deal if you have younger Kids interested in FIFA and minecraft - just need to pick up One more controller now.
    Thanks op and bargains alerts !

if you have younger Kids interested in FIFA and minecraft - just need to pick up One more controller now.

Why Minecraft? I didn't see that there.. Is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Reserved this on Sat - picked it up this evening - they messed about for about 20 minutes checking prices - but gave it to me in the end for 399 (argos in cruses st limerick)
    FIFA 15
    Xbox One + controller
    2 extra controllers in separate boxes
    1 10 Euro argos voucher
    I dont regard this as a glitch the offer has been on their Website for 3 days now and they Are still getting a Big chunk of money - that said its a great deal if you have younger Kids interested in FIFA and minecraft - just need to pick up One more controller now.

You ow have three controllers and still want another one 😎 if you select one when buying it it's €44 if you select 2 try are free, I think you are only meant to save €13 and select one power pack for it free, glitch is you get two controllers free.i'd say hen a lot of people collect reserved ones at the weekend the Bells will ring, or if a one shop gets loads of people collecting them.

Allyall wrote: »
    Why Minecraft? I didn't see that there.. Is it?

No but its a cheap digital download on xbox (under 20) - relative to the cost of most of the games on the xbox one - the actual disk version is available from 28th of November as well - which might be nicer

Argos are way overpriced for individual controllers

If anyone is interested in a setup kids for under the age of 9 or 10 - what I'm going to do to finish off is

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Xbox-One-Wireless-Controller/dp/B00CM1KT8S/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1416261264&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+one+controller

And this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Minecraft-Xbox-One/dp/B00KJG4B9G/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1416261713&sr=1-1&keywords=minecraft+xbox+one

4 controllers and 2 games that have 4 player mode = peaceful time over the holidays :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Will probably be a new deal of the week again from this Wednesday to the following Tuesday and then a daily deal or just a short term deal next week as the end of next week is black friday and the following monday is cyber monday so if you can maybe wait as the deals should be better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

this offer is also with the fifa console bundle on the UK website, i checked earlier.

Offer/Glitch appears to be closed now - I reckon that someone at Argos has paid some special attention to the xbox deals

They all appear to be standard enough now

• Advertisement

I just collected mine in Swords. :)

They couldn't put it through the system, then told me only one controller might go through, and the 2nd is in the box. I had my print out with me, Lady said she doubts it will go through.
    Passed me on to a younger guy, he tried to do it on an iPad, it came to €426 or similar, then, I showed him it. He agreed, I had the print out, had done nothing wrong and it was there in black and white,
    1 x Xbox One w/ FIFA 15
    2 x Xbox One Wireless Controller
    TOTAL: €399.99.
    He had a bit of hassle putting it through the system, but managed to eventually. So argos come up trumps again. For both service and policy. They've never let me down (touch wood) yet. :)

Allyall wrote: »
    I just collected mine in Swords. :)

They couldn't put it through the system, then told me only one controller might go through, and the 2nd is in the box. I had my print out with me, Lady said she doubts it will go through.
    Passed me on to a younger guy, he tried to do it on an iPad, it came to €426 or similar, then, I showed him it. He agreed, I had the print out, had done nothing wrong and it was there in black and white,
    1 x Xbox One w/ FIFA 15
    2 x Xbox One Wireless Controller
    TOTAL: €399.99.
    He had a bit of hassle putting it through the system, but managed to eventually. So argos come up trumps again. For both service and policy. They've never let me down (touch wood) yet. :)

Did they give you your 10 euro voucher as well ?

Did they give you your 10 euro voucher as well ?

Yep. :) Valid until 09/12/2014.

I was secretly hoping it would be €10 for every €100.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭scoobydoobie

Thanks op, picked this up on Friday, Fifa bundle and two extra controllers for 386.99, no questions asked after showing the reservation email.

Thanks op, picked this up on Friday, Fifa bundle and two extra controllers for 386.99, no questions asked after showing the reservation email.

€386.99 :eek: You did well :)
    I had no hassle but was a bit of effort involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PadraicWogan

Any more Glitches/Deals on Xbox One in Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Any more Glitches/Deals on Xbox One in Argos?

Not yet, but this whole Black Friday nonsense might lead to something this coming week

Advertisement