Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Euro 2008 Sweepstake DRAW MADE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Croatia ya bleedin legends. Even had them set as my favourite team when entering the fantasy football, so I guess it was written in the stars.

And hey, Tusky, stop lifting my Melissa posts from other threads;)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Villa may not be a starter for Spain Tusky, wouldnt waste your money on that one

I reckon he will be.
    Croatia ya bleedin legends. Even had them set as my favourite team when entering the fantasy football, so I guess it was written in the stars.

And hey, Tusky, stop lifting my Melissa posts from other threads;)!

Google images my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Villa may not be a starter for Spain Tusky, wouldnt waste your money on that one

Why not? He's a proven striker at international level! I think they'll both start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Tusky wrote: »
    Google images my friend.

turn off google safe search filter and search that lovely lady again and add in "beach", if you're not in work of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

turn off google safe search filter and search that lovely lady again and add in "beach", if you're not in work of course :)

Now there's the money shot!! Couldn't wait to go home to have a look :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,976 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I get to cheer on this Portugese beuty

cristiano.jpg

What? what d'ya mean its a dude?!

Im so torn though. I want them to win, but i despise the chap. Fingers crossed for him to be suspended for the final, but Figo and Rui Costa to come back (somehow) and save the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Well, come on Sweden.

Bit of Henrik magic please.

And Tusky in relation to the userbars, i dont know a site where you can make them but im making myself a Sweden one and i could make a few others aswell.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Well, come on Sweden.

Bit of Henrik magic please.

And Tusky in relation to the userbars, i dont know a site where you can make them but im making myself a Sweden one and i could make a few others aswell.

Thanks for the offer but I'm just gonna keep it simple with the flags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Greece - emc2

We're defending champions surely we must be favourites!!!

Just pay me now lads!*

*(will accept payment for worst team upfront!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Nederland oh Nederland.
    Jij bent de kampioen.
    Wij houden van Oranje.
    Om zijn daden en zijn doen.

(Netherlands oh Netherlands.
    You're the champion.
    We love Orange.
    Because of its deeds and its doings.
    )

Go On The Dutch!

PS My mum is actually Dutch so I generally do follow them in any tournament that Ireland don't qualify for (most), until their team punchups get the better of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭Invincible

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Awww no I have to post a pic of Melissa Theuriau. Oh well -

melissa-theuriau-picture-6.jpg

Fair play to you Xavi,she's a bit of class.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Anyone looking for a bet on this OK needs to be done for €50 or more but looking at the special bets on paddy power's
    The one that catchs my eye as a cover bet , is group winner to win.

Group C at 11/5 (Italy, Holland and France )

Ok one strong team going home early. But you will be left with two strong teams(1/4%) in the last 8 who cannot play each other again till final .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a bet on this OK needs to be done for €50 or more but looking at the special bets on paddy power's

Ok one strong team going home early. But you will be left with two strong teams(1/4%) in the last 8 who cannot play each other again till final .

Are you sure they can't play each other again??

I thought on the UEFA website it said that the winners of QF 3 & 4 would play each other in semi final 2. This could be the 2 qualifiers from group c if they win their QF's.
    It's seems fcuked up to me and i questioned it on here before. Basically means that the likes of Portugal and Germany could have a really easy run to a final place..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

For cryin out loud, Mr Alan gets Spain.
    Its a fix!

Jealousy will get you nowhere my friend.

OOOOOhhhhhhhh, we brought the lad from sunny spain! TORRES!TORRES!

ibh wrote: »
    Are you sure they can't play each other again??

I thought on the UEFA website it said that the winners of QF 3 & 4 would play each other in semi final 2. This could be the 2 qualifiers from group c if they win their QF's.
    It's seems fcuked up to me and i questioned it on here before. Basically means that the likes of Portugal and Germany could have a really easy run to a final place..

Ya your right, just checked it out there. The winner and runner up of Group B can meet in the semi final if they win their respective quarter finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

ROCKMAN wrote: »

Semi Final this year!

C'mon Czechs !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Come on le suisse:D:D:D

Game One - Czech Republic 'Tusky' V 'Des' Switzerland

• Advertisement

w00t! Czech R 1 - 0 Switzerland

Go on Croatia and Pogatetz is my star player.:p

Have to say this is a bloody good game. Croatia started off well but Austria have really come into the game. I know I took the p**s out of them but they are putting on a good show at the moment,not sure if this is down to complacency on Croatia's part as like most I thought they were probably the best of the outsiders to win the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Im so torn though. I want them to win, but i despise the chap. Fingers crossed for him to be suspended for the final, but Figo and Rui Costa to come back (somehow) and save the day!
    Yeah same here, I had to stick 10 quid on them seen as how it was my place you got in the draw so to speak, so i felt that was the natural random choice. It will be sort of like having a player score against your team, yet secretly you arent awfully hurt on the inside because he is on your fantasy football team.....still cant stand the antics of ronaldo though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I was dying for Austria to either score one, or not concede a second, so I'm kind of half happy.

Switzerland still in with a shout of being worst team :pac:

Ah i can see France sticking 2 or 3 past Romania tonight and hopefully Italy and Holland will follow suit.

C'mon Benzema!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I am pretty happy with Germany. A quarter spot looks in the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I am pretty happy with Germany. A quarter spot looks in the bag.

:O I'd be delighted, my faves to win.

came into work this morning early, was out of bed at 6.25 in order to get home for the game this evening.

Looking forward to watchin my boys in action, they better not let me down!

Viva Espania!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

came into work this morning early, was out of bed at 6.25 in order to get home for the game this evening.

Looking forward to watchin my boys in action, they better not let me down!

Viva Espania!

I'm missing tonight's games due to Boardeuax playing. I was looking forward to seeing Spain capitulate, once again.

Advertisement