Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL 2008 transfer/rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dessie Baker is a hoop, official. Interesting signing... The kind of player Scully can get something out of I think.

hes always injured, odd signing.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Dessie Baker is a hoop, official. Interesting signing... The kind of player Scully can get something out of I think.

Grapevine is b*hs have offered Joe Gamble 4k a week and he is tempted. Cork Village to make a counter offer.

McSweeney has had talks with Bohs.

Gamble is the best midfielder in the league and has had a good season. Has 1 year left on his contract....

This is familiar territory for City. The old board would let this fester. Hopefully the new board tie Joe down. Id imagine Healy is on bigger money than Gamble and clear for me who the superior player is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Des Byrne and Dean Pooley released by Bohs

Derry City sign the most overrated player in the Eircom League, Conor Sammon..... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Derry City sign the most overrated player in the Eircom League, Conor Sammon..... lol

are we talking about the same guy? quality player, always a handfull.
    McSweeney has had talks with Bohs.

Gamble is the best midfielder in the league and has had a good season. Has 1 year left on his contract....

This is familiar territory for City. The old board would let this fester. Hopefully the new board tie Joe down. Id imagine Healy is on bigger money than Gamble and clear for me who the superior player is.

so what was all the fuss about before the cup final about, well, the new board letting things fester?

anyway, I heard he was offered a new contract, not what the D7 shower are offereing but a nice wedge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

This both amuses and scares me. City are linked with Alan Matthews to take over as manager, and Prunty, Mooney and Kodozovoic (or whatever). There is also talk of the return of George O Callaghan should Rico leave/be sacked as expected.

The players I Like, but Matthews as City manager? No thank you. Horrible horrible tactics. We have come to expect pretty football in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

This months FourFourTwo has Fahey, O'Flynn and Oman (I think?) in its "100 Players your club should sign". They reckon O'Flynn would be perfect for Blackpool, with Weso's brilliant deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Georgie Boy back in the eL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Dundalk have strengthened again this time John Gill has added his final two transfers of the season :

Robbie Martin from Longford Town
    Paul Crowley from UCD

So the 9 transfers in are as follows :

Aaron Shanahan
    Robbie Farrell
    Paul Shiels
    Jamie Duffy
    Ian Ryan
    Dave O'Connor
    David Cassidy
    Robbie Martin
    Paul Crowley

It's hard to see pass dundalk and Shelbourne this season , Have longford got any players left / signed for next season ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

We have no one...

well Daire Doyle is the only one in contract...

We all dream of a team of Daire Doyles is soon a reality!

...and that Ronan dude, I hear he's pretty handy.

If you do pull on the boots, expect Liam Kearney-esque abuse from me on the sidelines in The Theatre of Nightmares. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Sarge wrote: »
    Dundalk have strengthened again this time John Gill has added his final two transfers of the season :

Robbie Martin from Longford Town
    Paul Crowley from UCD

So the 9 transfers in are as follows :

Aaron Shanahan
    Robbie Farrell
    Paul Shiels
    Jamie Duffy
    Ian Ryan
    Dave O'Connor
    David Cassidy
    Robbie Martin
    Paul Crowley

It's hard to see pass dundalk and Shelbourne this season , Have longford got any players left / signed for next season ?

What about Paul Smyth? Any word on his signing this term? I can't seem to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Paul smyth has signed a one year extentsion with dundalk , Expect the dublin based lads to extend as well next week when they get back from holidays.

CMON THE LILYHOOPS :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Sarge wrote: »
    Paul smyth has signed a one year extentsion with dundalk , Expect the dublin based lads to extend as well next week when they get back from holidays.

CMON THE LILYHOOPS :D

He was only a loan signing last year, is it another loan one? Thought he was decent last year but given how Giller treated him I was surprised that he kept him on.

DesF wrote: »
    ...and that Ronan dude, I hear he's pretty handy.

Well we all have heard of Der Bomber im more like Der BumbleBee ;)

Leon McSweeny has signed for Stockport County. It seems the exodus will never end. That said, he is no great shakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

very happy with that signing. he will get plenty of matches and push both cahill and webb all the way

Another player passes City by.

rico taking cork to court to top them sacking him = get paid.

never a dull moment down there.

drogs offered more money than pats to Prunty, we signing dessie byrne and noel hunt and graham barrett and willio flood and santy......lol and its not even xmas yet :p

kdjac

redzerdrog wrote: »
    very happy with that signing. he will get plenty of matches and push both cahill and webb all the way

Yup, the lad is a great player and would be a great asset to any team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

KdjaCL wrote: »

drogs offered more money than pats to Prunty, we signing dessie byrne and noel hunt and graham barrett and willio flood and santy......lol and its not even xmas yet :p

kdjac

I thought I started that rumour a couple of pages back? Any more credible sources?

kdjac

Another pre-season thats going to the dogs.

Cant believe he's bringing this to the High court.

Im not anti Rico but I do think we need to let the new owners get their man. Rico has let the club go stale the last two years and only for a Cup win the whole of Cork would be calling for his head.

Do us all a favour Rico and leave with dignity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Shelbourne have promoted under-21 players Adam McGarry, Peter McGlynn, Stephen Doran and Joey O'Neill to the first team squad for the 2008 season after impressing last season. recently released players Kieran Harte and John Brophy have rejoined UCD while Brian Gartland has joined Monaghan United

Gary Beckett - Derry City to Finn Harps
    Robbie Clarke - Shamrock Rovers to Waterford United
    Robbie Collins - to Monaghan United

Another pre-season thats going to the dogs.

Cant believe he's bringing this to the High court.

Im not anti Rico but I do think we need to let the new owners get their man.

Then those shower of twits should pull the trigger and end the uncertainty. The blame for this lays purely at "Arkaga"s doorstep. Shower of ****s.

Sean Connor sacked, confirmed on bohs website.

no heary and joxer so :(

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

To be fair to Quasimodo , it cant have been for on the pitch reasons , They were doing alright results wise if not performance wise and if it was for that he would have been sacked at end of season , It must have been for some off the field transgression....

gustavo wrote: »
    To be fair to Quasimodo , it cant have been for on the pitch reasons , They were doing alright results wise if not performance wise and if it was for that he would have been sacked at end of season , It must have been for some off the field transgression....

rumour is he forged player names on contracts if true they should/will be shelegated.

rumour alleged may not have happened. Funny tho if true :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

So Kenny or Fenlon for the Bohs job I reckon.

I know people are going to say Kenny is at Derry but I am led to believe he has not signed anything yet ;)

rumour is he forged player names on contracts if true they should/will be shelegated.

rumour alleged may not have happened. Funny tho if true :D

kdjac

Wasn't it forging the secetary's name on the registrations forms? Not players names !

• Advertisement

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Wasn't it forging the secetary's name on the registrations forms? Not players names !

dunno tbh

is that what he did? thats a points deducting offence and if the players played a few games its a lot of points deducting :D

Shelegated?

kdjac

dunno tbh

is that what he did? thats a points deducting offence and if the players played a few games its a lot of points deducting :D

Shelegated?

kdjac

Think it happened since the end of last season so players wouldn't have played yet I dont think. I am just going on 2nd hand news to be honest.

Sean Connor sacked, confirmed on bohs website.
    rofl.

Bohs go through more men than a backstreet five bit hooker.
    rumour is he forged player names on contracts if true they should/will be
    ffs
    shelegated

:D nice lol
    ciaran76 wrote: »

ffs. What kind of clowning is that?

Shameful tbh.

If it is true and they get the boot I will laugh my ass off.

If it is true and they get the boot I will laugh my ass off.
    Bohs AND Culchie Bohs in the First? :eek:

And ye lot, and Waterford. It will be just like old times :)

• Advertisement

Roddy admitted to forging players names on contracts when we won the league, nothing was done, would prefer Kenny to Fenlon but not a big fan of either of them.

Somemad rumours coming from bohs forum, he was sacked for one of these reasons:

A:forging sectaries sig on registration forums.
    B forging directors sigs on contracts attached to registration forms.
    C female related issues.

never a dull moment, could have next seasons asterisk ahead of time.

kdjac

Seems the board have learned nothing, apparently Noel Hunt is lined up to be player manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

bohsman wrote: »
    Seems the board have learned nothing, apparently Noel Hunt is lined up to be player manager.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

noel hunt??!

hopefully ill wake up 2moro and this is all just a bad dream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is noel hunt not only 24/25?
    That must be a joke

What are the odds on Waterford being un-relegated for a second season in a row

What are the odds on Waterford being un-relegated for a second season in a row
    Apparently not going to happen.

The alleged indiscretion is not going to affect anything in the Premier last season.

Allegedly.

Rico and "Arkaga" have reached an agreement and he is no longer City manager.

Round and round and round she goes, where she stops, nobody knows.

The eL Manager Magic Roundabout is in full swing folks, step up step up.

I've just heard that Pat Dolan rejected a fairly substantial wage to go back to City.

This Arkaga crowd are looking for a similar character to inject some life into the club, rumour has it that Roderick has been approached and is "thinking about" it.

In other news, I'm unreliably informed that Davey Scouse could be on his way back to Shels :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Ian Bermingham could be going to Pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

DesF wrote: »
    In other news, I'm unreliably informed that Davey Scouse could be on his way back to Shels :eek:

:eek::eek: I wouldn't say no to him coming back. Better than Hedderman.

John Lukic in as "Director Of Football" at Cork City supposedly. Johnny Foreigner to follow as manager. What a fúck up of a club to support.

TYR, FUA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Has this ever happened before? :confused:

Club : We've just sacked the manager
    Public : Why?
    Club : Eh, we're not saying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement