Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post.at

• 30-06-2008 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Now that the dust has settled on a great tournament, can I just ask what the hell was the point in the Austrian An Post occupying prime pitchside boarding down by the corner flag in the European Championships? It really looked a bit out of its depth there beside the likes of Mastercard and Continental Tyres - a bit like the Austrian football team it could be argued. I think whoever's their head of marketing, or whichever bean-counter decided to approach UEFA for that sponsorship contract, their head should roll after this one. I presume they paid big money for the advertising, otherwise more fool UEFA.

Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

You noticed it didn't you?! They're marketing worked so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

But it's not like it's gonna make me use the Austrian postal service, unless of course I ever go there on holidays and want to send a postcard home, in that case I'd have no choice otherwise, and they're advertising would be superfluous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Most random rant ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

So?! Does the other advertising mean your always going to choose Continental tires for your car,Mastercard for your credit card etc....?! More than likely no! Advertising at those events is just to be seen...for all we know they may have re-branded their whole PO and used it as a way to re-launch it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

kmart6 wrote: »
    So?! Does the other advertising mean your always going to choose Continental tires for your car,Mastercard for your credit card etc....?! More than likely no!

Subliminally yes in a lot of cases though... They don't do it for no reason!

Pretty random rant though, fair play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,982 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They actually made a big push linking themselves to the football in Austria. But from what i saw, their Post office is a little different to ours in that they sell phones, stereos, bags, computer leads/equipment, stationary, even toys! For the tournament they also sold official t-shirts and other merchandise. Great service though, I posted a lot of my stuff home (2 large boxes) for 30euro's.

They had a pretty funny ad showing random people getting hit by footballs (old woman gardening, old man eating dinner, child eating ice-cream etc), i cant find it on the internet though..

here's the link to their page with their blurb on Euro2008 anyway http://post.at/en/102.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I thought the exact same thing watching the matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

To be honest I was busy watching the birds in the cro-I mean the great football on the pitch.

Advertisement