Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panellists on Miriam...

• 28-06-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Dunphy is singing on RTE right now. :D

Edit: Oh my God John Giles is serenading Miriam right now! This is a Youtube classic already!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

it was weird.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

weird beyond belief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Damn it, waiting for the clips to go up. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've never seen that side to them. I thought it was mad but smashing entertainment. Dunphy really went for it with that song too. I loved seeing Brady cringing over it. :D

I think the show is repeated tomorrow evening isn't it? I missed the first few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

there'll be some pi** take of that on apres match tomorrow !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

pvt.joker wrote: »
    there'll be some pi** take of that on apres match tomorrow !

Defo, just caught the end of it was Dunphy jarred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Dunphy defo p*ssed! :D

Loved it

Brady was stifling laughter while Eamon was singing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Has to be the worst ever chat show on tv imo.

Still would have liked to have seen Dunphy and co.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Be up on the RTE site by Monday, jaysus I never laughed as hard in all my life as I did when I saw Dunphy singing, he really does love the limelight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Lads, it just goes to show what legends Gilesy, Bill, Brady and Dunphy are! Like them or loathe them, you can't deny that they are entertaining. Giles or Dunphy didn't have a note in their head tonight, but alas it didn't matter because they weren't afraid to go on and 'express themselves' as Giles himself would say.
    Could you ever see the plastic BBC threesome of Hansen, Shearer or Lineker doing the same?? Of course not - you'll never beat the Irish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

i had to laugh when i saw the thread title....were Eamon and co actually ON miriam...shes not a bad lookin lass for a woman of her vintage, i wouldnt blame good ol Eamo and Giles for tryin a sly little sex-pile :D

i had to laugh when i saw the thread title....were Eamon and co actually ON miriam...shes not a bad lookin lass for a woman of her vintage, i wouldnt blame good ol Eamo and Giles for tryin a sly little sex-pile :D

Haha. Hey after John Giles' singing skills you'd never know what happened afterwards. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I cant wait to see this....they HAVE to release it as a single, it'll clean up in the charts! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Very funny stuff. Giles looked very seedy serenadin' Miriam.
    Dunphy was langers, well, when is he not :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Has to be the worst ever chat show on tv imo.

Disagree. She mightent be the greatest host but she's gettin decent guests. Had Aldo and Jack on not too long ago. Rather watch it then any American sh'ite or that eejit of a Pat Kenny. What a booooooooooore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Very funny stuff. Giles looked very seedy serenadin' Miriam.
    Dunphy was langers, well, when is he not :pac:

Eamo is one lecherous old goat, I was half expecting Miriams husband to run in and deck him :pac:

Funniest thing Ive seen in weeks, nearly cried laughing. Dunphys attempts to distract John with his miming were brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mmmmm

Miriam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Eamon Dunphy actually sang quite well. Giles wasn't too bad either.
    The 4 of them work so well together - I'd watch any show if they were on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Just noticed the show is replayed now on RTE 1 so for those of you who missed it keep an eye out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Can't believe its not on YouTube

• Advertisement

It's coming up now after the ad break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

What would be the best word to desribe Dunphy on that show tonight?

Its not obnoxious but somthing like that.

It was nice though....I really like all of them. They have charachter, even Chippy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What would be the best word to desribe Dunphy on that show tonight?

Its not obnoxious but somthing like that.

Lawwked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

And its up

Looking forward to watching this once, I get home from work. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Brady was embarassed, and rightly so. The thing is O'Herlihy actually thinks that he is good!

The problem for Apres-Match is that the material they try to parody is so hilarious in its original format its putting the comedians out of business. And the display on Miriam was funny, very funny. Gilesy and Dunphy on the lash are likely to serenade anyone, or anything that moves ! Dunphy loves Giles, although not as much as he loves himself!

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That was great. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Lovely rack....that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gucci wrote: »
    Lovely rack....that is all.

Truth.

She has that many kids though.

Sausages and O'Connell Street come to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

DesF wrote: »
    Truth.

Possibly/Probably, but lets not hold that against the rack, their the innocent pair in all of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

DesF wrote: »

just put on a snorkle and dive right in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Legends, they are just legends!! Didn't know whether to laugh or cringe:D Dunphy has a bit of a Leonard Cohen thing goin on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

End of an era :(. Adios Chippy. We'll miss your grumpy puss. Bill said he'll be retired for Euro 2012 and I don't know how many more tournaments Gilesy will do either. It scares me to think of the quality or rather lack of, pundits following them. Cunningham and Whelan are good technical analysts of the game but have zero personality. I was disappointed with Whelan not sticking up for his views when he was on earlier in the tournament. I dread to think of the return of Houghton to the panel. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

KerranJast wrote: »
    End of an era :(. Adios Chippy. We'll miss your grumpy puss. Bill said he'll be retired for Euro 2012 and I don't know how many more tournaments Gilesy will do either. It scares me to think of the quality or rather lack of, pundits following them. Cunningham and Whelan are good technical analysts of the game but have zero personality. I was disappointed with Whelan not sticking up for his views when he was on earlier in the tournament. I dread to think of the return of Houghton to the panel. :mad:

Anytime hindsight Houghton is commentating, I switch channels. I cannot listen to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

KerranJast wrote: »

Yep. Even if they get brilliant analysts, I'd be almost certain they wouldn't have the character and chemistry of the current panel. They're great to watch, not even when they're talking football, but instead just knocking each other :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Tusky wrote: »
    Anytime hindsight Houghton is commentating, I switch channels. I cannot listen to him.
    +1. He is truely awful, its nothing but 90 minutes of useless cliches listening to him. Hopefully Souness will take Liams place from now on, I enjoy listening to him,

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »

LOL. I actually said to someone the other day he should be called Ray Hindsight because he always seems to suggest what should have been done. 'I think Iniesta could have played the ball sooner'. 'I think Torres should have headed the ball' etc.

I agree with Kerranjast. It's worrying with the pundits who are waiting in the wings. I do think Peter Collins did well in the tournament although he does still sound too formal and robotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

LOL. I actually said to someone the other day he should be called Ray Hindsight because he always seems to suggest what should have been done. 'I think Iniesta could have played the ball sooner'. 'I think Torres should have headed the ball' etc.

I agree with Kerranjast. It's worrying with the pundits who are waiting in the wings. I do think Peter Collins did well in the tournament although he does still sound too formal and robotic.
    Yep Peter did good alright. He started to get better as his stint went on. You could see he was starting to relax and even made a few jokes about himself. I think he's twigged that the genius of Bill is to ask "stupid" questions to get the panel into a rant. He definately would be better than Moloney or *shudder* Murphy. It'll be interesting to see how he does now if he has a run during the Olympics.

Advertisement