Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the grant pay for a module I failed?

Options
  • 29-08-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I failed my repeats in the autumn and I have to repeat a module. What I was wondering was will the grant pay for it because I don't have the money to and will I be able to progress into second year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

JamJello wrote: »
    Hi I failed my repeats in the autumn and I have to repeat a module. What I was wondering was will the grant pay for it because I don't have the money to and will I be able to progress into second year?

No, you lose your student grant for the year if you have to repeat. You'll get it back when you progress into second year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JamJello

ciaradx wrote: »
    No, you lose your student grant for the year if you have to repeat. You'll get it back when you progress into second year.

What if I just have to repeat one module I do seven? Will I be able to progress to second year then?

What if I just have to repeat one module I do seven? Will I be able to progress to second year then?

Do you mean go into second year now and carry on the failed module? No you can't do that either. You need to repeat first year but only the module and failed and sit that exam next summer and then if you pass, into second year next year. But you will lose your grant while you repeat and will have to pay to repeat the module.

Do you mean go into second year now and carry on the failed module? No you can't do that either. You need to repeat first year but only the module and failed and sit that exam next summer and then if you pass, into second year next year. But you will lose your grant while you repeat and will have to pay to repeat the module.

I didn't get a grant for my first year of college can I get one this year? So if I have to repeat the whole year do I have to do my other subjects over again as well that I already passed?

I didn't get a grant for my first year of college can I get one this year? So if I have to repeat the whole year do I have to do my other subjects over again as well that I already passed?

No you only do the one failed module for the year.
    Sorry I thought you were already getting a grant and that's why you were asking about it? There is no choice really, there are no grants available for repeating, you'll have to pay to repeat the module. The fees office may help you out with a payment plan if you can't pay all in one go. And because you're only doing one module for the year, you could work part time or something.

• Advertisement

No you only do the one failed module for the year.
    Sorry I thought you were already getting a grant and that's why you were asking about it? There is no choice really, there are no grants available for repeating, you'll have to pay to repeat the module. The fees office may help you out with a payment plan if you can't pay all in one go. And because you're only doing one module for the year, you could work part time or something.
    What a waste of time all for one module I wanted to drop in second year anyway :/

Advertisement