Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with neighbour

Options
  • 16-07-2015 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

I am not very active on this, but maybe somebody can help me out with some info. Feel like I am running out of options... I bought an apartment about 1.5 years ago and it seems as if my next door neighbor across the hall is having some sort of a mental problem.
    Two nights ago, he started wandering through the house at midnight constantly walking in and out the front door talking to himself (or whoever he thought was there...) Then, at 1.10 am, the fire alarm in the building went off and immediately after the alarm started (my suspicion is he set it off), I saw him going back into his apartment. He didn't show up until about one hr later (the alarm had been silenced by then) and started the same wandering around and talking again. This went on until 3.30 (when I finally got some sleep...)

This is not the first time this guy keeps the house "entertained" in the middle of the night (usually for one entire night every 4 weeks), but nobody seems to take it seriously. Our other neighbor is half deaf and doesn't hear as much as I do, but I've already been talking to our management company, the landlord and the police. The landlord (a relative, to make matters worse) blames it on "oh, he has been drinking Whiskey again. He shouldn't be drinking that stuff at all", the management people try their best, but their hands are tied as well. And the police say the best they could do was ask the guy to keep a bit more quiet - unless he actually hurts someone...

I live on my own so does that mean I have to let it come to a situation where he might hurt me for somebody else for them to realize that he needs help? Are there any other organizations in Ireland I might talk to? As it stands now, I might be forced to sell my home and move - or live next door to a possible "time bomb"...

Any advice appreciated

Thanks a lot in advance

Advertisement