Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Misfire errors please help!

Options
  • 26-06-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭

My car, 2.2L 6 cylinder, 110,000miles is giving misfire errors on cylinders 2 & 5. she is running pretty poorly.
    I need to help to determine the best next steps i can take to figure this one out.

so far i have....

- replaced the spark plugs.
    - swopped cylinder 2 and 5 coil packs with cylinder 1 and 3.
    - checked the intake air boots etc, new air filter installed 4 months ago.
    - oil level is fine and was serviced 4 months ago.
    - removed and cleaned the fuel injectors and their receptacles.
    - swopped cylinder 2 and 5 injectors with cylinder 1 and 3.

Missfire errors are persisting on cylinder 2 and 5. She will error at idle or under load.

I would appreciate some ideas for what to do next...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kfog

Have you had a compression test done or swapped the leads?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

So even if you swap coils over it still misfires on the same cylinders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

biko wrote: »
    So even if you swap coils over it still misfires on the same cylinders?

if i swop the coils or anything else the misfires persist on the same cylinders 2&5.

the leads look fine i checked the wiring etc and im happy they are good.

a compression test is a good idea i have that noted thanks. I want to make a plan and go through step by step so i don't miss anything and do it in the best possible order rather than just flap around :)

Advertisement