Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to borrow a van (or for someone to do a van run)

Options
  • 08-05-2015 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there

I'm looking to see if there was anyone with a van who would be interested in doing a van run some weekend. It's to pick up a kitchen dresser bought 2nd hand. Haven't finalised the buy yet but just want to see if there would be an option of either borrowing a van (not sure how that would work insurance wise) or if someone would do the van run.

Obviously for some cash.

We live in Maynooth and van run would be at most 1 hour each way.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,347 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you borrow a van, you will need to phone your insurance company to cover you, it won't be covered by an existing 'driving other cars' clause on your policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Look in the local ads. Plenty of "man with a van" adverts in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,996 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

coylemj wrote: »
    If you borrow a van, you will need to phone your insurance company to cover you, it won't be covered by an existing 'driving other cars' clause on your policy.

And if you are lucky enough that they agree to cover you it may mean a loading, adjustment or even a new policy for the one day that you need it for; a lot of hassle and expense. Far easier to hire a van and driver for the trip IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I used this man with a van twice for moving goods in the last 6 months, I've no connection with him, just a happy customer reporting that he was reliable and good value for money for the work done. http://www.adverts.ie/member/932004

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There are van rental services like Enterprise and Budget.

• Advertisement
Advertisement