Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot answer smartphone via Bluetooth (Renault Megane)

• 10-07-2015 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

I have a 131 reg Megane and a Sony Xperia Z2. Although I can make calls using the car kit, I cannot answer calls unless I pick my phone up and switch from bluetooth to handset.

Anyone who calls me will get a voice saying something like "The person you are calling is driving". The phone does ring in the car, I just can't answer it with the car kit.

I would appreciate if anyone has any thoughts. The car sales man says it must be a setting on my phone, but I've been though all the android settings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I'm with the salesman on this one, sounds like a phone setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What kit is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

biko wrote: »
    What kit is it?

It is the Renault Car Kit, built in. I've gone through all the settings on the phone. It must be well hidden but it drives me nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

We had this issue with a few Mercedes Bluetooth radios. One instance the phone was a new model and had a newer version of Bluetooth so a quick upgrade for the radio on the computer and they comunicated perfect but every other time it was the phone

aaakev wrote: »
    We had this issue with a few Mercedes Bluetooth radios. One instance the phone was a new model and had a newer version of Bluetooth so a quick upgrade for the radio on the computer and they comunicated perfect but every other time it was the phone
    Any idea what it was on the phone?

• Advertisement

Not sure but i know one of them was replaced by the phone company, it was a galaxy s4 and wouldn't connect but every other s4 we tried would.

Not sure but i know one of them was replaced by the phone company, it was a galaxy s4 and wouldn't connect but every other s4 we tried would.

I vaguely remember changing some setting before. I didn't have a car kit at that point. I cannot for the life of me find where it might have been in the settings

From what you described i very much doubt its a setting on your phone id say its more a fault

From what you described i very much doubt its a setting on your phone id say its more a fault
    A fault with the phone itself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Is the phone paring as as "call audio" or "media audio"? Sometimes I've seen phones connecting as Media audio and then not being able to make or receive calls. That should be under the Bluetooth connection profile in the phone. Check when you've the phone connected to the car.

Another option is to delete all Bluetooth parings both in the phone and the radio and try again. Also, try another phone to check if its a phone or radio problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Not sure if Renault have since sorted this but even very recently there were issues with Renault Bluetooth radios and connecting to android. Effectively they are not compatible leading to a lot of weird problems where your android phone may connect and work, or may cause various issues. I have a similar megane and my Iphone 6 works perfectly so does my iPhone 5 literally no issues at all but then that's not much good to you op but just so you know apple devices are compatible.

I mean you could see if getting an update done at your Renault dealer would help it may or may not. I was talking to the service manager in my local Renault garage recently and he said issues with these radios have his head wrecked. Pity really about the limited compatibility as when working it's a great piece of kit. Hope this is of some help to you op.

I haven't been able to resolve it. There is no setting on the phone for it. I'm dropping.the cat back onto the dealer to sort. I only have it 8 weeks and neither of the android phones we have work with it

I have a workaround for this now. The volume control on the radio itself can be used to answer the phone.

Advertisement