Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I am starting to get itchy and think that getting semi final tickets would be a good idea. I have been to all the games so far and would be a shame to miss out on the next step should they win on Sunday. Whatever about getting lucky with getting tickets, the flights are gone crazy. May have to start researching other options. Swimming is always an option!!

Bought 2 Cat Cs the other day with flights. Made peace with the fact that I could be watching the Argies take on the Aussies. Once you're happy with that then it's a win either way. At the end of the day it's a semi final of a world cup. You won't get to go to many.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Smurf1971

Starting the journey at 5 tomorrow, flying into Cardiff in the morning. Been waiting ages for this. Nervous about the game though! Few beers needed tomorrow to settle the nerves!

Safe travels lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Can't wait!

Flight to Standstead at 6:30 tomorrow.

Just got confirmation of tickets to Second Captains Live show which is broadcasting from Cardiff tomorrow night (woOp)

Still have 2 seats in car back to London after Sunday's game if anyone's stuck.

Bon voyage all!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ferry to Pembroke at 8.45am. Going to both Cardiff quarters. Can't wait. Safe travels folks

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Bought 2 Cat Cs the other day with flights. Made peace with the fact that I could be watching the Argies take on the Aussies. Once you're happy with that then it's a win either way. At the end of the day it's a semi final of a world cup. You won't get to go to many.

If I get CAT D tickets I will take them. After that the decision will be made next week what we will do. The last 5 weeks has taken its toll with late nights at work on top of it all. Its been a blast though. Well worth every cent so far and the continuous head cold!!

Will be starting trip no 5 at 6:30am tomorrow morning. Bring it on! Should be an other cracker of a weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

On the ferry to Wales then bus to Cardiff, it's quite quiet surprisingly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've 4 cat C tickets for tonight's NZ/France game for sale on the ticket portal. Just had a look now and it says there's no more 4 Cat c available to buy - does that mean mine are sold?

When I go to "manage tickets" it says they're unavailable to resell at the moment. Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar position.

I'm in Cardiff anyway, just wondering if I should plan to go to the game or a pub tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've 4 cat C tickets for tonight's NZ/France game for sale on the ticket portal. Just had a look now and it says there's no more 4 Cat c available to buy - does that mean mine are sold?

When I go to "manage tickets" it says they're unavailable to resell at the moment. Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar position.

I'm in Cardiff anyway, just wondering if I should plan to go to the game or a pub tonight

All tickets up for resale get removed and can't be sold 48 hours before kick off. They continue to sell tickets that never sold in the first place.
    Poo!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

efb wrote: »

While we where having breakfast this morning (clayton hotel), every single bus that pulled up Irish where getting off, real green invasion. Last night place was buzzing, lots of French and kiwis only met 2 argies!

4am my chauffeur (sister) picks me up in Cardiff bus park, off out to Glamorgan into the hills. Getting the train into this evenings match and she's driving in early tomorrow.

Great having a sister in Wales!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Meatball27

I have 2 separate category d tickets if anyone is interested.they are print off ones so I can e-mail them or meet up before the match tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MJD90

I had two category D tickets in my basket for the semi final this morning, didn't want to take the chance. Really tough situation when you don't know if they're going to be there or not.

I'm sure the official website will be selling more post match when they know who's going to be there. No offence to the Scots but I'm sure a large chunk of Aussies have semi final tickets bought.

MJD90 wrote: »
    I had two category D tickets in my basket for the semi final this morning, didn't want to take the chance. Really tough situation when you don't know if they're going to be there or not.

I'm sure the official website will be selling more post match when they know who's going to be there. No offence to the Scots but I'm sure a large chunk of Aussies have semi final tickets bought.

You will be kicking yourself when we beat Argentina tomorrow .:)

Caerphilly not Glamorgan - further out lol

mad m wrote:
    You will be kicking yourself when we beat Argentina tomorrow .

They'll come up again they always do ðŸ˜Â

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Just a heads up for anyone driving - roadworks around junction 19 on the m4 and traffic is heavy, delayed us by about 30 mins and at that we went off at J19.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

I'm thinking about going over for the final, no ticket but I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I could get into the fan zone with no ticket or is there a similar place to watch the game?
    Don't think its worth the trip to watch it in a bar!
    Thanks

menuisier wrote:
    I'm thinking about going over for the final, no ticket but I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I could get into the fan zone with no ticket or is there a similar place to watch the game?
    Don't think its worth the trip to watch it in a bar!
    Thanks

Fanzone is free in - ticket or no ticket (that was the case in Cardiff)

• Advertisement

On route to rosslare. ...have a good one lads

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭millhousegirl

I have two Cat Ds for the game tomorrow if anyone needs tickets. They not together though.

I'm in Cardiff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

So I have flights and hotel booked for semi final since last march. Still need a match ticket.
    500euro in paddy power account and putting it all on the boys tomorrow. If they win I'm going. If they lose I'm not. Would love to back the handicap but would be sick and penniless if we won by less than 5. Can't wait...

PaddyCar wrote:
    boys
    PaddyCar wrote:
    So I have flights and hotel booked for semi final since last march. Still need a match ticket.
    500euro in paddy power account and putting it all on the boys tomorrow. If they win I'm going. If they lose I'm not. Would love to back the handicap but would be sick and penniless if we won by less than 5. Can't wait...

Use the €500 to buy a ticket and throw rest on Ireland then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shane154kelly

Bit of a last minute one here, travelling over on the ferry in a campervan tonight to Fishguard from rosslare and we're looking for anything at all where we could pull in and leave the truck tomorrow? Cheers!

Bit of a last minute one here, travelling over on the ferry in a campervan tonight to Fishguard from rosslare and we're looking for anything at all where we could pull in and leave the truck tomorrow? Cheers!

Are you in that UN van....jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭roman0red

I have two Cat Ds for the game tomorrow if anyone needs tickets. They not together though.

I'm in Cardiff too.

If you still have these - I'd been interested - can you DM me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Meatball27

Meatball27 wrote: »
    I have 2 separate category d tickets if anyone is interested.they are print off ones so I can e-mail them or meet up before the match tomorrow

Roman PM me.i can't see ur message

Shane there are lots of vans dotted around residential estates around Cardiff.

Play it cool,shouldn't be too many issues

• Advertisement

http://youtu.be/Ht-m4vMWRqA

Me nerves!!!

Come on Ireland!!!

Advertisement