Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacup / Toy Yorkshire Terrier wanted

Options
  • 08-01-2009 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am looking for a toy/ teacup yorkshire terrier.i.e. very small yorkie as I know technically teacup is not a breed.
    I do not care about the sex or age of dog. Rescued dog would be particularly welcomed.
    I had a very small yorkie of my own which I rescued when she was 9 years old. Sadly she died over a year ago at th age of 16 years. She has left a hugh void in my life. I used to take her everywhere with me, except to work. she was adorable.

I can provide excellent vet references to anyone who has suitable dog.
    Dog need not be perfect as I am looking for a companion only. I have not interested in breeding this dog . As I said a dog of any age would be welcome.

Loving home waiting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

try petsireland.invisionzone.com and irishanimals.com

Does it have to be a purebred Yorkshire Terrier or would you consider a mix?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 faye2363

No it does not to be purebred as I only want a companion. However it must be very small - as small as teacup as I wish to bring dog with me everywhere, like my former dog who died.

I can provide excellent Vet. references.

Thanking you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

That's great then as there are also lots of small dogs, some JRT's are tiny. You sound like a great home so good luck! you should also check out your local spca and pound.

I have checked the pound and local animal rescue charities. I hae also let my local Vet. know in the event that tey come across a suitable dog.

Hopefully someone might read this thread an have a suitable dog I can purchase.

thanking you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

Take a look at Frankie (near the bottom of pg), fab looking little dog in need of a loving home... http://www.irishanimals.ie/terriers_homes.html

• Advertisement

Thanks for the information.

To be honest he is bigger than I wanted but at the same time I could not sleep if I turned down a blind dog. I would be happy to take him. My old dog went blind before she died so I have experience in dealing with blind dogs. If you could pm me with your location and adoption details in order that you can do a home check. I will then provide you the number of the vet.i use so you can get more information.

Thanking you

Frankie isn't in my care, I came across him a while ago when one of my friends was looking for a yorkie she couldn't take Frankie because she has young children.

When I came across your thread Frankie popped into my head straight away and that was before I knew you had experience with blind dogs. Sounds like you and Frankie are made for eachother!

There is a mobile number for dogs in distress underneath Frankies info so I suggest calling that and see where it goes from there.

Please keep us updated and good luck :)

Just rang about Frankie but he is already rehomed. Unlucky for me but lucky for Frankie. Hope he has got a great home.

Anyway I just have to keep looking.

Thanks for the tip

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

try these web sites
    www.yorkshireterrierrescue.com---- www.theyorkierescue.co.uk----www.yorkshireterrierrescue.net---best of luck

Thanks for the tip. I have contacted the UK website and left post. Unfortunately the other website is in USA. I left a post on it but do not hold out much hope as it would be virtually impossible and indeed cruel to try and import a dog from USA because of quartantine laws.

Thank you for taking the time to leave tips for me. It is much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Hi Faye, I was looking around a few rescue site today with you in mind and what do you know this litle fella popped up: http://www.irishanimals.ie/terriers_homes.html check out Codger!

Advertisement