Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working as a journalist/author?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

This is the path I wanna take. I wanna maybe broadcast for 2fm and write for the Irish times. Anyone have any experience in this field?
    Would taking Politics, English, History and Philosophy stand to me?:) Also considering Law

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Courses are good yeah, but getting involved with the College radio and newspaper would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Raedwald wrote: »
    Courses are good yeah, but getting involved with the College radio and newspaper would be your best bet.

Yeah I thought that alright! Im wondering would I be better off applying to Dublin Uni to get an internship ?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

I'm sure whatever college you go to, the newspapers will be looking for staff writers for the year ahead. I know the ones in Trinity, will accept anyone throughout the year, once they are reliable. Wouldn't be too sure on the radio now.

Advertisement